Cold shoulder (Minho)

You jog past Minho and enter the Glade first. You tried to slap on an annoyed face at him but your heart wanted to curl your arms around his neck. You took deep breaths and tried to calm your heart rate from the run. Minho came to a jogging stop behind you.

"I'll meet you in the Map room?" He asks.

You reluctantly roll your eyes. "Do you even need to ask?"

He shrugged and turned away, jogging to the map room. You hated being so distant from him, but he could never find out you liked him. If he did, your entire world would come crashing down, you knew that much.

Dinner that night was as uneventful as all the days before. You sat with a stone hard look at the dining table, surrounded by the other Runners. You had to be emotionless to them, or at least unappealing. You didn't want to draw attention or anything out of the normal.

Minho nudged your arm and your heart fluttered. "Look at this," he laughed.

He flung a grape into the air, propelled by his fork, and you watched it suspend n place for a moment before it came crashing back down. The grape hit Minhos teeth, nearly missing his mouth which was his intended target. It bounced off his teeth and onto the table.

"Bravo, no ones ever done that before," you say sarcastically and sip your water.

Minho stared at his dinner for a moment and then looked at you. "Do you have some kind of problem with me, Y/N?"

You nearly choke on your water. "No, why?"

"Well I see how you act with the other guys and then with me you're all..."

You sigh and you could swear your heart was breaking a little. "I'm all what?"

"Distant. Did I do something?" Minho looks a little hurt, which was a first for him. He usually tried to cover it up with his sarcasm, like you.

"No, stop making everything about you, shank. Maybe I just don't want to talk." You shift uncomfortably and take another drink of your water. Great. Now instead of suspecting you liked him, he now thought you hated him. Way to go.

"Whatever," Minho huffs and lifts his plate of food to return it to Frypan. You wanted to turn to him and tell him everything, but you knew you couldn't. Nothing would be the same if you did.

The next day in the Maze was quieter than usual. Minho didn't talk as much. He didn't carry on like usual, he was silent and you knew it was because of the night before. It was your fault he was hurting.

"Minho..." You start, not completely sure what you were going to say.

"Save it, shank. You're not required to talk to me so I won't make you." Then he was quiet again without a look towards your direction.

You grew frustrated with yourself. Why did you have to be so embarrassed? So embarrassed that maybe, just maybe you had feelings for someone? Would it be better if you had just told him? Maybe. But just the thought of it sent your heart into a panic. Everything inside of you seemed to scream 'No' all at once.

For now, Minho would have to think you just didn't like him.

***

"I don't get it," Thomas sighs and pushes a hand to his chin. "You won't tell him because...?"

"Because I feel stupid! I don't want to like him, I just do! It's like I can't control my feelings and I hate it."

"That's completely normal, Y/N. T doesn't make you stupid or out of control. It makes you human." Thomas shifts and steps closer to you.

You stare at the ground for a moment. "So you think I should just tell him? Tell him that I'm completely in love with him? He's going to think I've gone insane! Especially with how I've treated him."

Thomas smirks. "I wouldn't be so sure."

You look up to Thomas with utter confusion. "What are you-"

You hear soft footsteps in the grass behind you. You turn around quickly and see Minho, staring with a smirk. Your heart panics again and you look back to Thomas. Had Minho just heard everything?

"I knew I didn't do anything to make you hate me that much," Minho smiles and folds his arms.

"M-Minho I never hated you. I just didn't know...didn't know how to tell you..."

"That you're "completely in love with me"?" Minho quotes you with a glimmer in his eyes. He walks closer to you and you freeze in your step. Thomas slips out the entrance and into the darkening Glade.

"Well y-yeah."

"Neither did I."

Minhos words catch you off guard and you pause. "What?"

"I've liked you since I saw you, Y/N. But then you started acting all weird around me so I figured you just really detested me. But now everything makes more sense."

You're about to say something when a voice from out in the Glade calls loudly. "Would you two just kiss already?"

The voice was far enough away that you couldn't tell who it was, but close enough that apparently they could still see you in the Homestead. Your bet was on Chuck. You laugh and Minho slides his arms around your waist.

"They're not the only ones who've been thinking that," you chuckle.

Minhos eyebrows go up but before he can say anything, you push your mouth to his in a long awaited kiss.