Stolen (Newt)

"HELP!' You screamed at the top of your lungs. You ran out of the Homestead and tried not to trip over anything, like you'd done so many times before. "SOMEONE HELP ME!"

Your heart was racing and your feet moved as fast as they could over the thick grass. You could hear the pounding footsteps of your pursuer behind you, gaining distance every moment.

Several Gladers had been alerted by your screaming and looked your way. They all took a couple steps towards you to see what was going on. Then, at getting a single glance of you running at top speed, they promptly turned back around, annoyed that you'd interrupted their work.

You're still running when you reach the middle of the Glade. Now most of the Gladers that were watching were doing it out of amusement. You scream for help again. Nobody.

While focusing on the close footsteps behind you, you fail to notice the rock in front of you. The tip of your foot catches it and you tumble down, turning just enough so you land on your side. You keep a tight grip on the item they were after and wait for your pursuer to get to you. There was no hope now. You'd lost.

They stop at your feet and grin down at you mischievously. "Give it."

"Never," you say with a challenge in your voice.

Newt leans down and puts a hand on his hoodie you'd stolen. It was his only one and he loved it...as did you. It was a dark red and worn, but unbelievably comfy and soft.

While Newt is leaning over you, you swipe his leg out from under him with yours and he falls to the ground beside you. You laugh at his startled expression and take the opportunity to get to your feet. Before you can however, Newt grabs onto your ankle and pulls you back to him. You squeal and clutch the hoodie to you even tighter. He was right above you now and his arms were on either side of you.

"One more chance," he warns. "Or else."

Your eyes widened with fear and you stared back into his. "Or else what?"

Newt leaned down and tried to distract you by kissing you so he could steal back his hoodie. You felt his hand tighten on the fabric at the same time you pushed him up with your knee and then back until he fell on the ground. You hurriedly climbed over him and now he was beneath you. He glared playfully back up to you and you smirked back down at him.

You knew he could push you off of him easily, but he wouldn't. He was enjoying this too much. You spread out the hoodie from the ball it'd been bunched into and slid it over your head. Then you looked back down to Newt who had an amused expression on.

"Do you like it?" you ask. "I think it suits me. And it's super comfy. I think I'll keep it."

"Oh really?" Newt asked and you leaned down so your faces were inches apart.

"Mmhmm," you mumble and peck his lips. "I guess I could let you borrow it...occasionally."

Newt lets out a full laugh. "Occasionally?"

You nod happily and he shakes his head. Then he seems to be thinking for a moment when he speaks. "Fine, but on one condition."

"And what's that?" you question, a little scared.

"You have to kiss me."

You sigh and smile. "Dang. Deal off then," you say sarcastically and smile.

He shakes his head and you lean down to kiss him.

"Hey honestly, guys. The Homestead is just over there okay? Can you get a room?" Minho stares down at the two of you and he actually looked a little disgusted.

"He's jealous 'cause he's lonely," Newt whispers to you and you burst out laughing.

"Am not!" Minho exclaims.

"Yeah okay," you tease. "Whatever you say Minho."

"Shuck faces," Minho sighs and walks away.