Prologue

Above you, is a music that'll be playing called Awakening the Chaos. This is just for an experiment, so I'm not going to leave this here for so long. Please do listen to the music while reading to get some vibe feeling inside of you. If you don't get that feel, then please do request me to remove the video as soon as possible. Furthermore, enjoy the story of this chapter.

NOTE: Please do not say my story is anime-based or influenced. It annoys me a lot. True, there might be a Japanese character such as Kotaro Nishiki, but if you don't know, I was born in an Asian family, so I may have a habit of adding numerous of Asian characters into my story because of my ethnicity. You may compare this story as an Anime or say something like "it's like an Anime!", but please refrain from saying, "Hey, you're Anime influenced, aren't you?". Anyway, I hope you do enjoy reading my prologue! I hope the rest of the chapters will be just as good as the prologue! Thanks for understanding!

2nd Note: I would like to thank GirlReader133 for willing to edit my story. So, to share my gratitude, I'm going to give her a shout-out to her Wattpad. Please check her stories if you have the chance to!

--------------------

A young boy around the age of seventeen entered a room, noting the circular formation sitting in its center. A pool of glowing orange liquid filled the circle with bubbles popping now and then. Falling into the circle would be a fool's death wish. Warned of the dangers by this certain person, the boy came here for his objective: to destroy the generator. The generator created smokes that havocked their world, not the boy's world but their world--the other world behind his world. Sickness filled the air, and the people were caught by it. If the generator wasn't stopped, soon this other world the boy discovered would rot.

The dreaded hot wind from the pool of lava blew through the boy's soul as he progressed. His hands were clutched together, turning red the further he continued. It was even getting harder to breathe. And the more he progressed, his eyeballs began to shrink a little from the heating wind.

"The generator...must be...here," he said, catching his breath. Even as he headed further into the next room where the generator resided, he noticed how exhausted he became so easily. "I must be...careful too... any enemy can come and...attack me." He was covered in sweat, having no room for the cold for his body. By now, he should've been dead. The boy didn't understand why he was able to withstand such intense heat.

A rustling movement caught his attention. The boy halted, and he caught sight of a young golden-haired girl in azure cloak. Warned by this certain person, he quickly took out a black handle from his pocket. "So you must be Project Device Type-0013 NEW?"

The mysterious girl said something before opening her eyes. "Analyzing... Target... Complete... Returning into Memory Mode..." Then, she opened her eyes; she casually stared at the boy. "Kotaro! Have you come here to kill me...again?"

"I'm not here to kill you. I'm here to destroy you and the generator!" Kotaro answered. NEW burst into laughter. Kotaro remained silent.

"Oh, Kotaro! You're so funny!" she laughed, maliciously. "Let's have fun and kill each other again! Ahahahaha..." The tone of her sweet and innocent voice felt uncomfortable for Kotaro, but he didn't fret.

Kotaro was at a disadvantage. With the glazing heat burning his skin from both the insides and outside, he wouldn't last very long. He had no other choices. It was either fight or die. "Totsuka Blade!" Kotaro commanded. The stick in Kotaro's hand morphed into a double-edged sword. "Get ready to be destroyed, you stupid machine!" Kotaro said before charging towards NEW.

"Project Device Gear Activate," The girl commanded. A metal object shaped as a sword fell between Kotaro and NEW. With one swing from his sword, the heavy impact pushed Kotaro away from NEW. He dropped his sword, and his hands touched the metal floors. Kotaro groaned by the intense heat contracted within the floor. Enduring the fiery pain, he picked up his sword and stood up. "Project Device Type-0013 NEW Combat Mode." The object disappeared, and Kotaro opened his eyes to see NEW in new clothes. He was impressed at how quickly she changed clothes. Her cloak disappeared, instead, she wore thick, fabric, azure clothing with gray, metal shoulder plates. Two identical swords appeared in NEW's hands. The two commenced their battle.

Kotaro resumed his attack. He grunted upon every swing. NEW stood still. She waited for him to attack her, so she could counter him. The urge of battle was filled with NEW's nonstop laughter. Sparks flew into the sky as every sharp edge constantly clashed into each other. NEW used her other sword in an attempt to impale Kotaro. Luckily, Kotaro pushed her away from him - resulting NEW losing her balance, nearly falling off the bridge.

"Now's my chance!" Kotaro said, confidently. Kotaro dashed at her. It was time to finish her off with one final blow.

Then, it happened, and it will always happen - the Infinite Loop. No matter what happened or how it will be changed, the conclusions ended the same way. Crimson flooded the floor. The two always meet and continued to fight to the death. In their fight, there's always a fallen loser with time repeating itself again, and so the timeline must repeat over and over. The world went round and round, a never-ending world it became. The kaleidoscope never stopped.

"How did you...get me?" Kotaro asked, puking blood. He looked behind where he felt the pain. A mysterious sword stained with his own blood had impaled Kotaro from behind.

"Summoning Technique: Undefined Saber," said NEW. Carelessly, she walked towards Kotaro, having the sharp tip of her summoned sword impaling her stomach. At last, they were together.

"Let's become one, Kotaro! Let me accept you, Kotaro!" NEW exclaimed, smiling. "Engaging Project Device Type-0000 THE END...unleashing the ultimate power," NEW wrapped her arms around Kotaro. She moved backward as she dragged Kotaro. Without warning, they both fell into the pool of lava.

A different man watched the battle from the sides. He spoke to himself in his soliloquy, "Another Infinite Loop, again?" A girl in red robes sat next to him.

"I'll see you again, Yuuki Nohara," she said.

"Shrine Maiden of the Gods, which Infinite Loop is this?" Yuuki asked. "I'm starting to grow bored of it!"

"This is our twentieth Infinite Loop," she answered emotionlessly. "Kotaro... if only we'd met at another timeline, the Infinite Loop wouldn't have existed in the first place."

----------

I've edited this prologue, but there might be a few mistakes there and there, so please do inform me! I still have much to learn about writing, so please please do inform me about mistakes that I should change. I'd like to know what I need to work on for my writing. Critics are highly welcomed, I try my best in trying to edit more and more for you to enjoy and to improve my writing skills. I still have much to learn about English writing, and English isn't my first language. Have a nice day!