Chapter Thirty Seven

so I didn't edit this chapter so sorry for any errors in spelling.
Chapter 37-
suffer

I woke up and looked up at a sleeping Klaus. 'He stayed this time.' I shook him some and he groans. "Klaus get up. If they see you I'm dead." "Well good thing I gave you my blood." "Don't be such a douche." I told him and he opens his eyes slowly. It was really hot. "Hayley you up!?" WE looked to each other before we both got out of bed, him vamp speeding to my closet. I open it and he pulls me into a kiss. "Shut up first place that came to mind." He says softly. "Mhm." I said smirking and he chuckles. "Hayley get your ass up!" I groan and close my closet door walking over to the door. "What?" I growled and Elena smiles at me sadly. "We're painting Alarics room. Wanna come help?" "Yeah...." Hope flashed in her eyes and I frowned. "No." "Hayley!" She says and I smile to her. "Fix me breakfast and maybe I will." "Already on that." She says and I roll my eyes. "Alright go start painting be down in a bit." She nods and leaves. I close the door and Klaus walks out. "I should go." I nod and he was gone. After eating and getting dressed to paint I leave. "Going darker, huh?" I look to Stefan as he walks in. "It's the only color we had." I said. "That's what happens when you decide to paint your dead-guardian's room in the middle of the night." Jer says to Elena. "I don't suppose anyone tried to talk you guys out of doing this so soon." "We have to keep moving, otherwise we'll start thinking. And we don't wanna think." "You want a hand?" "So are you two,like, back together or something?" Jeremy asks the question I've been dying to know. "What? No, Jer, we're just--" "Uh, I was just checking up on you guys. Seeing how you were doing after, uh...After everything." He says. "We're fine. But if you are trying to be the good guy again, why don't you do the right thing and give us one day. Just one day without any vampires in it." 'Considering I was sleeping with one (so not like that! they cuddled) I doubt this is consider less than a day.' Jeremy leaves the room as I just keep painting. Painting helps a lot which is something Klaus and I do have in common. His logic is that it helps with control.

Klaus pov-
giphy

"Alaric Saltzman just tried to kill me!" I look over at Rebekah confused. "Alaric Saltzman is suppose to be dead." "He's not and he's a vampire, thanks to Mother's spell with a white-oak stake that can't kill him! He's strong, Nik, too strong." "Where is he now?" I asked and kept packing. "Stuck at the school without a daylight ring. But as soon as night falls, he'll come after us. We need to leave now." I look to her and nod. "Fine. I'll collect don'tey and Elena and we'll be on our way." "Forget them! You dont need any more stupid hybrids!" I glared at her when she said that. "What I need is protection from Esther's continued assaults against us." "We'll protect each other. Like we always have. Always and forever, Nik." Rebekah stops in front of me and I frown. "I'm not leaving without her." The her being Hayley. Elena can live for all I care but Hayley... I will not leave her. "I'm leaving now. You can either walk out that door with me or you are on your own." I look to my sister basically telling her I wasnt leaving just like she did me in the '20s. "Fine. Trust your hybrids over your family. Let the spite be the death of you, see if I care." I turn around seeing her shove past Tyler.

Hayley pov-

Elena and I were left inside the room alone and I kept my headphones in. Elena taps my shoulder and I give her a confused look. "Alaric has Caroline." "Well we're leaving." She nods and we sneak out. I run into the room and stop seeing Alaric. "Let her go Alaric." "Free her yourself." Elena and I look at eachother before running to Caroline. I get the pencil as Elena gets her vervain cloth. The pencil gets stabbed back in and I jump as does Elena who couldnt get the vervain cloth off. "How many times do I have to tell you two? Stop trusting vampires!" It took awhile for me to come up with some form of plan. "Why are you doing this?" I asks. "Because you two need me. Because you're both 18-year old girls without parents or guiadance or any sense of right and wrong anymore." "Look at you. How is this right!?" Elena says. "She's a murderer. She told me she killed someone and liked it. Now how is that right?! Listen girls, your parents led the Council. It was their life's mission to keep this town safe. They don'tnt dead six months before you undid it all." "You don't know anything about them." "Why, am I wrong Elena? Do you actually think that they'd be proud of you? If you dont side with the humans...you're just as bad as them. Now kill her. Or I will and I'll make it hurt." I watch Elena and smirk. She vervains Alaric and I start getting Caroline out. "Get help!" I tell Caroline and try following her but Alaric gets infront of me. "Not so fast." I'm dragged by my neck before getting thrown into the lockers. I groaned and he held Elena to the wall. "Kill me!" I clearly didnt pay attention to their converstation. He let her go and I get up slowly. "Do it now!" I look and back away with Elena as Alaric snaps both Damon and Stefan necks. Alaric screams as Klaus puts his head on his chest. I flinch as Klaus gets thrown and Ric throws him into the lockers. I look around before grabbing a fire exstiner and hitting Alaric with it. Klaus looks surprised as I glare at Ric. "Leave him alon-" I gasped as Ric chockes me. "Stop! Dont hurt her!" Ric tightens his hold and I was dropped the mintue Elena came. Well not dropped. My neck got snapped.
(After they 'kill' Klaus and Elena gets home with Hayley body who she refused to just hide her body. Hayley who wasnt dead woke up right when Elena comes in. Which is where we are.)

I open my eyes and my door opens. "Hayley?!" I look at Elena who was surprised to see me. "What happened? All I don'tber is trying to help Klaus then Alaric..." I trailed off and looked to Elena. She was pale and I got out of bed. "Lena what's wrong?" I asked before smelling something. I looked toward her hearing her heartbeat. My eyes widen at this. "Am I in transition!? Alaric killed me?!!" I shrieked and she looks down. "I dont understand. How are you still alive?" I look at her before remebering Klaus feeding me his blood before Ric died or was suppose to die. "Klaus. He...oh my god." I mumble and she watches me as I pace before turning to her quickly. "Where is he?" "Um..." Jeremy comes in and stops seeing me. "Holy shit." He says and quickly pulls Elena out of the room smiling to me. "We'll be back." He closes my door and I grab my phone cuttin it on. I turn it away the light hurting my eyes. I wished I could hear what Elena and Jeremy were saying. And why wouldnt Klaus be here? He knew I had his blood in my system. He knew I would come back. He's the one who created me so if he dies so do I. A very sick and twisted love story.