Chapter Twelve

I walked into the boarding house after my sister but stop seeing Rose. We all go into their living room. After I woke up at four this morning I couldn't get back to sleep with hearing those words and seeing his face over and over. I still dont get what he meant but that. "I dont know whats true. I dont know whats not true. Its the problem with all this vampire crap. But Klaus I know is real." "Who is he?" I asks. "One of thy originals. He's a legend." Damon states looking toward me and my sister. "From the first generation." "Elijah?" My sister asks. "No! Elijah was the Easter bunny compared to Klaus. He's a foot soldier. Klaus is the real deal." "Klaus is known to be the oldest." Stefan says rolling his eyes. "Hold on you're saying the oldest vampire in the history of vampires is coming after me?" "Yes!" Rose says the same time Stefan says no. "What they're saying is I mean if what shes saying is true." "Which it is." "Which you're not saying this so we dont kill you." "Which I'm not." "Then we're looking at a solid. Maybe?" "Look Elijah dead so no one knows Elena existences." "That we know of." Rose adds in. "Not helping." I tell her standing up so Stefan could sit by my sister. "Look I never met anyone who laid eyes on him. We're talking about centuries of truth mix with fiction. Babe we dont now if he's real. For all we know he's could be some type of bedtime story." "He's real! And he doesn't give up. If he wants something he gets it." When she said that her eyes traveled to me then back to my sister. Wait what?! "If you're not afraid of Klaus then you're an idiot." "Alright we're shaking. You made your point." I follow my sister as we go to leave. "Where ya goin?" "School. We're late." I leave going outside as they talk more. Elena drops me off at school so she went to go talk to Katherine about her our family history. After school Bonnie and I head to the Grill. I stop as someone calls her name. "Hey Luka! How was your first day?" I smile as she flirts without knowing. Oh my innocent Bonnie. "Good who's this?" He asks looking toward me. I smile at him. "Hayley Gilbert." I told him and a spark shines in his eyes kinda. It's weird. "Well I would like you guys to meet my dad." We turn to the guy across him who I just noticed. "Jonas. Luka father. Nice to meet you Hayley Gilbert. Bonnie Bennett." He says. "Would you like to join us?" My phone rings and I smile to them sadly before walking outside. I answer it seeing it was Elena. "How'd it go?" "It's going well." "I'm on my way." I tel her before she can argue I hang up. I start the walk and make it to the woods. I walked into the church reins and look down. Damn this is not okay. I jump down and walk over to them. Katherine waves at me going back to the book she had. Elena catches me up on what they talked about and I looked to Katherine. "So what else is there for this curse? The moonstone Elena's blood but what was the point in breaking Tyler curse?" I asks her and she smirks to me. "Look the sister is much smarter then my own doppelganger. Would had been lovely to have you as a sister." I scoff at this. "But witches in their spells. So many people to sacrifice." Elena looks to her annoyed. "So you need a werewolf?" "Clearly they're hard to come by." "What else?" " A witch to do the spell. Mine bailed but old Bonnie would do just fine." "What else?" I growled out glaring at her. "A vampire." "Caroline." Elena says as I stare at Katherine shocked. "Could had been anyone I suppose. But I like the porter of Caroline." "So you were just going to hand us all over to be killed?" Elena asks. "Better you die then I." She turns walking away. I wait for her to come back out when Stefan comes in. "Elena!" "Stefan what are you doing here?" Oh yeah hey I'm here too you vampire dick face! "There's nothing you can do Stefan. I haven't even told you the best part of the story." She tells us how she went back to Bulgaria in 1492 to find out her whole village was dead. "He killed them. My enter family. Just to get back at me for running. Whatever you do to escape Klaus. He will get his vengeance. And your friends, your family, or anyone you ever loved." I stared at her as Stefan talks with my sister. "Always the protector. But even you must realize that shes doomed. There's nothing you can do to stop it! Unless of course you have this." I look toward the stone she had. I rolled my eyes at Stefan before I left the tomb all together. I just walk home needing normal in my life and away for all this supernatural crap. I only need that in Supernatural where Dean and Sam are. That's all! I hug Jenna when I come in and she laughs. "Someone misses me." I giggle and nod. "Popcorn and TV is about all I need right now." I tell her and she laughs holding up the bag. "Well good thing that was my plans for tonight." I grin. "Let's go."

Elijah pov-

I smirked at Slater as he hang up on his little friend Rose. "Nice work." "Thanks I have a degree in theater." He turns around looking toward me. "How can you compel me a vampire cant compel another vampire." I shrugged not caring much for it. I however needed to get toward my brothers mate to get her out of the crossfires her sister held her in. It was very annoying and I figured out Klaus already knows she existence. I really hope he doesn't find out about Elena though. "I'm a special vampire." "Why because you're an original." "Mm." I said not opening my mouth one bit. "Now. I want you to take this and drive this through your heart."I said holding out a stake. He grabs it stuttering as he does. "B-but that can kill me forever." "I know." I help the eye contact with him longer. "But its necessary." I broke it and watched him start shaking turning the stake on himself. Compulsion such a lovely thing to do to vampires who know no better. I watched him die and Jonas comes out. "Was it really?" "It had to be done." I turned around smiling. "He delivered his message. Wont be long now." "That girl." "Which one?" I question as we leave. "Hayley." I stop looking toward him. "What do I do about her?" "Nothing. Keep her out of it." He nods leaving. Hayley Gilbert my brother found you a long time ago. Three years ago her freshman year which is the same time I found her. Good thing I didn't cross his path when he saw her.