Chapter Twenty Nine

The New Deal

Klaus pov-

I smirked as I watched Elena and Damon. Agh those two. "Don't mind me." "Klaus." Elena says turning around. "You're gonna do this in front of everybody? That's a little beneath you don't you think?" "I don't know what you're talking about. I just came down to my local pub to grab a drink with a mate. Get a round, then, would you Tony?" I smirk to Elena as I look back knowing she recognized Tony. "Surprised you stuck around long enough for happy hour." "My sister seems to be missing. Need to sort that out." "Cute, blond bombshell, psycho? Shouldn't be too hard to find." "Truth is... I've grown to like your little town. Thinking I might fancy a home here." I take the darts from Damon's hand. "I imagine you're wondering how does this affect you? The answer is, not in the slightest." I told them walking past them and standing closer to the broad. "As long as I get what I want and everyone behaves themselves. You can go on living your little lives how you choose." I turn and look to Elena. "You have my word." "What more could you possibly want?" Elena asks me. "Well, for starters you can tell me where I might find Stefan." I told Elena standing right in front of her. "Stefan skipped town the second he saved your ass." Damon told me coming beside me to protect his little Elena. "Well, you see, that is a shame." I turned throwing the dart and hitting the bulls eye. "Your brother stole from me. I need him found so I can take back what's mine." "That sounds like a Klaus-and-Stefan problem." I narrow my eyes walking toward her. Damon gets in my way so I stop and smirk to him before chuckling and leaning to Elena. "Well, this is me broadening the scope, sweetheart." She looks confused as I smirk more.

Hayley pov-

I walk downstairs and help Ric cook as Elena just rants. I wasn't really listening to her. The door opens and I look up moving from the stove. "Just in time. We're cooking!" Elena says. "Sorry just passing through." "Oh. I thought we'd all stay in have a meal together, like a typical atypical family." "Well why?" "Maybe because you got fired and didn't tell anyone." I said leaning against the counter. He looks to me then Alaric then to Elena. "Ugh. Look, can we do this later? I made plans with Tyler. He's right outside." "Wait. When did you start hanging out with Tyler Lockwood?" Ric asks. "I don't know. Does it matter?" "Yeah, Jeremy, it matters. He was sired by Klaus. He's dangerous." 'You know he can hear you right?' "He can still hear you. He's right outside. Beside you of all people are gonna lecture me on who I can and can't hang out with?" "What is with the attitude?" "Whatever. This is lame. Tyler's waiting." "No. Oh no,no,no! You're not going anywhere, especially not with Tyler." He looks to Alaric who agrees then he looks to me. "Hayley." "I'm torn here. Wherever you go you're not safe." Elena glares at me and I shrug. I mean he wanted to know. "Alright fine you want me to stay in? Let's all stay in." "Wait! Jer I didn't mean tha-" "Tyler come inside!" Tyler comes in and sits down. I get on my phone playing a game to ignore this drama. Okay I really need to get out of here. "It's not like that, Elena." I go and sit down across from Tyler. "Tell me, Tyler, what is the difference between being sired and being compelled?" "Compulsion, that's just mind control. Like hypnosis. But being sired is..." He stops looking at the table before looking to Elena. "It's like faith. You do something because you believe it's the right thing." "So you believe that serving Klaus is the right thing?" "I don't serve him. Klaus released me from a curse that was ruining my life. I owe him for that." "What if he asked you to jump off a bridge?" Ric asks Tyler. "He wouldn't. And even if he did, I'd be fine. I'm a hybrid." "Okay so what if he asked you to rip your own heart out?" "Again, he wouldn't." "What if he did?" "I don't know! Then I'd rip out my heart!" I looked at Tyler but kinda got where he was coming from. "You guys sound like Caroline. Getting all freaked out over something you don't understand." "You're right, Tyler, I don't understand. Klaus has terrorized single every one of us..." 'Okay not me. He hasn't terrorized me yet.' "...and you're blindly loyal to him." "You're over thinking it. I can still make my own decisions." Jeremy gets a phone call before coming back to the table. "What was that about?" I asks. "It was nothing." "I gotta go. Um thanks for the food offer, but, uh...Next time." Tyler leaves and I sigh getting up to get something to eat. I grab a bag of chips and Elena and Alaric talk about the sire bond as I rip my bag open. I munch on Doritos before raising my eyebrow. "Where's Jeremy?" They look back before I notice Jeremy ring. "That's his ring." Ric says and I place my chips down and leave the house. "Jeremy!" I yell before seeing a car speeding out to the street. I run and I get a push as I had a hold on him and fell. I look back quickly seeing Ric rolling on the ground and he was horrible. "Are you okay?" I asks him. "I don't understand." He whispers as the car drives off. I stand before flinching at the pain in my stomach. I walk to Elena as she asks Jeremy who was on the phone with him before all of this happened. "It was Klaus." I froze at this. "You were compelled, Jeremy. We've gotta get him inside. Help me." I walked inside and grabbed my jacket that wasn't his and left. "Where are you going?" "Somewhere." I told Elena before I left. I head to a small park and called Klaus. "Hello sweetheart." "Don't Klaus. Just don't. I need to see you can you find me?" "Yes." I hang up and wait. He suddenly shows up and looks me over. "Are you okay?" "No...I'm not okay." I told him feeling the tears come. He cups my cheeks and I glare at him blinking them away. "You tried to kill my brother Klaus. For what reason?" "I was making a point." "A point that could had killed him!" I yelled shoving him away. "Argh!" I fell to my knees and held my side. "Hayley!" I shake my head. "I-I'm fine." I said and he pushes me down lifting my shirt up. "You're bruising." I looked at him and saw how worried he was. "Leave me be." I tell him and he picks me up before I was into the hospital.

Klaus pov-

I leaned against the wall on her room and watched her sleep. It was wrong of me to go after her brother. I should had known she would save him. If she had got hit instead of Alaric I don't know what I would do. I notice her eyes start to open and locked the room door. I walk to her as she looks around. "Why are you here?" She asks and I rub her cheek. "I had to make sure you were okay." "I'm fine. Just go." She looks to me and I closed my eyes briefly. "Hayle-" "Don't Klaus. I really wanted to believe that you weren't such a bad guy. I was willing to risk everything. My family trust just so I could see under everything inside you that you were a good person. You're not. You'll hurt anyone. You have tired to kill everyone of my friends and you killed some of my family." "I will protect you. Hayley don't do this." "Leave Klaus. Leave me alone. Please. Just leave." "I'm not leaving you upset." "Yes you are. You are and you will because I don't care about you anymore. I don't care about how I feel around you. You. Need. To leave. Me. Alone. Right now." I closed my eyes turning away from her before getting up and leaving.

Hayley pov-

I look over seeing Ric walk in. "You okay?" "Fine." I told him and was staring at the wall. "What happened?" "I have no idea." I told him and he sighs. "I'll have Jeremy co-" "I don't want anyone here Ric. Please just leave." He sighs and I look to him. He nods and I close my eyes as the tears fell.