Her Happy Ending

A/N -  I do apologize for not updating, but here is the next update.  The reason that I haven't been updating much is because of His Personal Pet, I have just finished the last chapter, and I am now working on the sequel.  His Personal Pet happened before Derek and Rachel, and it is important to read especially for those of you that would like to know more about some of Derek's friends, and himself.  Also for some of the characters that will be introduced in this book, or even the next one shortly. 

All of you are amazing and thank you for reading, voting, and even commenting.

Please enjoy this chapter, and let me know what you think.  Thank you again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rachel's POV

I had just gotten off of the phone with Tyler and found out that he was taking Sarah some place safe, far away from here. I trusted him with her, and knew that he would keep her safe, I knew that she would be okay as long as he was with her. Sighing, I walked through the house and checked in on my sleeping little brother, and then made my way to the basement. I started with stretching, and then began to do jumping jacks, lunges, crunches, planking, and then on to punching my punching bag that I had.

I was interrupted when Marcus came down. "You seemed stressed, you want to talk about it?"

I continued to hit the punching bag. "Not really."

"Rachel, your mother and I have been talking about some things."

"What sort of things?"

"I want to marry your mother rachel." I stopped hitting and froze, not knowing what to do. How do I respond to this. I see that he makes her happy, I don't remember ever seeing her happy. Not really, not truly happy. Plus he protects her, he protects me, and he protects Jake, and we aren't even his. We are hers and that man's! But Marcus still treats us as we are his own.

"Alright." I smiled and moved to hug him. "You ever hurt her, and I'll kill you."

"I would never hurt you, Jake, or your mother. Not ever, I'd die before anything ever happened to either of you." His voice almost broke and I could see in his eyes that he meant every word that was said. I hugged him and he hugged me back even though I was covered in sweat he didn't seem to care.

"thank you. Knowing that she will always have you there for her, thank you. She needs you, and though I may not like to admit it, I think you're pretty cool. But uh? Do I have to start calling you dad?"

He chuckled and almost seemed to make a choking sound at the word dad. "Only if you want to."

I smiled at him again, and he left me alone to finish what I had come down here to do. After I finished some more of my training, I did a few yoga poses to relax my body, and then went up to my room to take a shower and get ready to go to bed. Well this past week sure has been an eventful one.

As I laid down in my bed, I thought of Derek, and wondered if it would ever be possible for the two of us to ever be married, but then I thought it stupid. No matter how much I wanted the two of us to be together always, we never could have what we really wanted. I knew that he would have to marry one day, and it wouldn't be able to be me. He is the prince, meaning when he marries he will become king, and with that, I can't be with him. I am not of his kind, and the king and queen must be of vampire race, even if he changed me, it still would make his enemies frown down upon him, and only see him as vulnerable. Including his parents, they wouldn't care if I was his or not, I wasn't born a vampire. My life with Derek will come to an end soon, and I knew that I will only get hurt in the end, but I will stay with him for as long as I can for now.

I rolled over and let a few tears fall as I closed my eyes and let sleep take me.

~

Derek was in a t-shirt and pajama pants while I was in a nightgown with a cover up. I sat in Derek's lap in front of a fireplace and we enjoyed each other's company. As he took my hands in his, when I saw the ring on his finger, and then to see one on my own. He kissed the palm of my hand, and I laid my head down on his shoulder. "I love you Rachel."

"I love you too Derek." He kissed the top of my head, when I heard a set of little feet running towards us.

"Daddy?" A little boy emerged from the hallway in the home, and ran towards Derek and I. Daddy? Derek moved me over slightly, and leaned over to pick up the toddler that ran straight into his arms. "Can I go to sleep with you and mommy?"

"Sure you can buddy, let's ask mommy." Derek looked to me, and I could help the smile that tugged at my lips.

"Only if mommy gets a hug." the little boy jumped into my arms, and giggled, and I looked over to Derek, and closed my eyes as I hugged our son.

~

I sat up in bed with tears in my eyes. If only that dream could become true. If only I could have a child with the man that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. I would never have a family of my own, I would never marry, and I would never love again, I would only love Derek, even after I can no longer have him. Tears filled my eyes and I didn't try to stop them from falling down onto my pillow for the rest of the night, even as I dreamt more of a future I could never have.