Shopping

Sorry about not updating sooner guys.  Anyways this is a bit of a long chapter, I hope that you all will enjoy it. 

~~~~~~~~~

Rachel's POV

Marcus shook me awake, and told me to be downstairs in a few minutes.  I grumbled something that most likely wasn't even human, perhaps not even baby talk.   I threw the covers over my face and waited for him to walk out of my room.  I rolled out of bed and went to the bathroom.  My back hurt and I felt horrible.  I went to the restroom and cursed.  Yay, that time of the month, how lovely.  Luckily it didn't get on anything yet.  I did what was needed and then brushed my hair and teeth, then I walked downstairs still in my pajamas.  Hello kitty pajama pants and a hello kitty tank top.  I walked into the kitchen, to see mom playing with Jake in his chair, and Marcus cooking.   "It is too early to be up."

"Well you shouldn't have gone out partying."

"Shut up." 

"Oh and by the way, you're welcome."

"For what?"

"Waking you before, you know."  I pushed him.  "That's disgusting you know."

"It is natural for you humans."

"Marcus I will shove this spoon so far up your..."

"Stop it you two."  Mom told us as she looked at me for a moment before going back to playing with Jake.  I sighed and did as mom said.  I looked at mom and smiled at her when Jake thought to poke her nose.  I turned to look at Marcus who had a smile on his face.  He seems happy here, with mom, mom seems happy.  I don't ever remember seeing mom this happy except for when I was younger and she would come home really late.  Dad would get mad and hit her.  Then as I got older, mom stopped coming home late, she eventually stopped leaving the house at all.  Dad would start to hit me, then mom started drinking and what not, then Jake was born.  It got worse on me, the more dad beat me the more mom drank, unless my life was in absolute danger did mom step in, or my innocence was in danger did mom step in to help me.

I don't know what it was, but I leaned my head on Marcus's shoulder and watched as mom played with Jake.  I got a bit cold and snuggled into Marcus's side, He wrapped his arm around me, like a father would their child to keep them warm.  I smiled up at him.  I don't know why, but I feel comfortable with him here, safe, like he will protect us.  Protect mom, Jake, and be here for me as someone to talk to.  Mom looked up and froze when she saw me and Marcus, then a smile found its way on her face.  The phone rang on the wall, and I moved away from Marcus to get it. 

"Hello?"

"Hey there Ray, you doing okay?"  Blaze asked, he sounded like he just woke up, and I giggled.

"Yes I am fine thank you."

"Okay, wanted to check on you baby girl. 'Who is this baby girl you're talking to?" I heard a voice in the back ground.  Well okay then Blaze.