Prom Part 2

Rachel's POV

As we entered the building, people started to stare at us. Watching our every move. My grip on Derek tightened, I didn't want to trip, and I was nervous. I heard him chuckle as we walked up for me to sign in. After I signed in we walked around a bit. I soon found Sarah, I knew it was her because of the crazy hair, and Ty was with her. Derek and I made our way over to them, I hugged Sarah from behind and we both started laughing as she turned and hugged me back. I let go of her to see Derek and Ty shaking hands and smiling slightly and then they chuckled at something. I don't know what they were saying, because they were speaking in low voices, but they seemed to be happy and enjoying themselves.

The four of us sat out in the waiting area with all the chairs and couches, we were waiting for Blaze to show up.

Blaze arrived an hour after prom started, we still have about three hours so we are good. Blaze signed in and then came walking over to us with his date. He hugged Sarah and I at once, and we giggled. He looked over to Derek and Ty and they exchanged a few words before they shook hands. He then introduced us to his partner.

"Ladies this is Carl."

"Hi Carl." We said together, and then of course started to giggle.

"They are always laughing or giggling, you get used to it after a while. Blaze told Carl, he nodded and shook our hands. He spoke quietly, but he seemed okay. I pulled Blaze off to the side for a moment.

"So how long have you um...?"

"Oh, about five months now actually."

"that is wonderful Blaze, I am so happy for you. So you really like him?"

"Yeah." Blaze glanced over at Carl and had a dreamy look in his eyes.

"you got it bad, don't you?"

"Maybe, so what about you and Sarah?"

"We're good, you know, and don't worry I can take care of myself."

"Yeah I know, it is still my job to protect the both of you."

I hugged him and saw Derek watching me, he bowed his head at me and smirked. Blaze and I walked back over to them and Sarah and I started to get hungry as Blaze and Carl left to go dance. Sarah and I got a few things to eat, and I also got a glass of water. We sat down at one of the small round tables, there were beautiful decorations on the table along with some diamond shaped beads, that Sarah and I started to throw at each other. Ty took one and threw it at me, it went into my dress. "So not cool, this is a corset." He chuckled and so did Derek. Sarah took one and got one down my dress too. I had to turn in my seat out of sight sort of to get them out. Lucky for me we were in a corner table, it was dark and we could see Carl and Blaze dancing, and even everyone else we went to school with. I then started to throw a few at Sarah and ty, Sarah threw a few more at me as well. Ty threw another at me, and Derek caught it, throwing it back at him. I giggled, this is more fun than I thought it would be and we having even done much yet, we are just hanging out, and that is all that matters. Then...

"Um, Sarah heads up." I told her, as I motioned behind her. She turned, and it was as if she stopped breathing, I could see mixed emotions in her eyes, and I know Ty saw the same.

She placed her arm on Ty's arm that was on her leg, "Don't okay?" Ty nodded.

"Sarah, Rachel." John nodded his head at me. He looked back to Sarah, "You look pretty, I know that I hurt you, but I was still wondering if you would dance with me, just one dance and then you never have to see me again." Sarah looked over at me and then to Tyler. She whispered in his ear and stood up, taking Johns hands and he led her to the dance floor. Tyler looked pissed, even with a mask on.