Haunted

A/N - Things are beginning to get interesting don't you all think? Things are not always what they seem; keep that in mind. Thank to those who are reading the authors notes, and those that are voting and commenting.

The song used is a song I found on youtube and thought it sounded like it belonged in this story.

Please keep in mind that I am busy with other stories of mine and life, so updates will be a bit slow.

Also please know that there will soon be more action and mature content in the near future.

Now lets get to this amazing chapter that I have written for you lovelies.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rachel's POV

When I woke to Derek carrying me to his car, I jumped slightly. "Hey you're okay, I didn't want to wake you just yet." He's sweet, but he doesn't understand, I don't want to sleep, not really. I saw the dead bodies again. He placed me in the front seat and then walked around to get into the driver's seat. I don't even remember getting on the private jet, let alone arriving home. It's like my mind and everything else blurred. I couldn't focus on much, and my head felt like there was a wall of pressure building up. Some things were louder than they were, or brighter.

How can I not remember what happened, how do I not remember getting here, let alone being put into my own bed? I sat up right when I heard people talking downstairs. How can I hear them, it's as if they are right in the next room. The next room, Jake. Slowly making my way out of the room and towards Jake's room, I noticed the voices only grew louder. It felt as the world was spinning. Seeing Jake in his bed, was calming, and it made the pain stop for a while. I walked over to him, leaning down to press a kiss to the side of his head. I have missed this kid so much, I wonder how he can sleep so soundly, I wonder what it is that he is dreaming about? There was this sound, almost like drumming, and this smell of sweetness that filled my nose. My eyes locked on the main artery in Jake's neck, and I stumbled away from him. Making my way downstairs, the voices faded in and out. My world wouldn't stop spinning around and around and around.

Gripping my head I made it to the kitchen doorway. Reaching out for the doorway wall, as I gripped my head with the other. "What's happening to me?" I dropped to my knees only to be caught halfway down by Derek.

"Rachel? Look at me, hey..." I couldn't focus on anything, and then I could smell that sweet smell again, although there was a bit of a tart smell to it, a bitter smell. I lounged towards the smell, only to be blocked by marcus and Derek holding onto me. A growl like noise left me and I found myself pinned to a wall by Derek and Marcus. "Rachel, calm down!" There was a searing heat touching my skin, and I loved it, I wanted, no needed more of it. "Rachel!" That voice, I know that voice. Derek?

"Derek?" It was a cry for help, I don't know what's happening to me.

"Focus on my voice, listen to me." I felt the heat on my face. "Look at me, ssshhhh, focus on me only me." I can't, I'm trying... That smell.

"Rachel, listen to him." Who was that, whose voice is that?

"Rachel, baby focus on me." The other voice or voices faded into the distance, and I could only hear Derek. "Rachel? Come back, come back."

I looked around and saw mom behind Marcus who was standing protectively in front of her.

Then I heard a voice I thought was long forgotten. "Don't listen to them girl. You can't do anything right can you? Always messing up, and you will do the same with them, with him."

Then there was another, a voice I hadn't heard since I left the palace of which Derek lives. "Do you see now, it is only a matter of time before this is what you will become. What I became. A monster!" Meg appeared behind Derek, and I wondered now she could do that. How could I see her, how could no one else see her?

"Meg?" Derek seemed confused, and then turned his head. His body went rigid, and he now stood protectively in front of me.

"Leave her be Meg."

"You mean how you guys did me, you will turn her into a monster, just as he did me. I only want her to realize what will happen before it does, before she becomes a killer."

I gripped my head trying to block out the voices, to block out the world. "Stop it."

"Meg, you're hurting her."

"Yeah well, sometimes you have to hurt those you care for..."

I fell to the floor, my head hurt, and I felt so many emotions that were not my own. What is happening to me? "Please, stop this." Meg looked down at me and whispered that I have been warned, and then she just disappeared.

Derek bent down and helped me to my feet, holding me up so that I wouldn't fall back down. "I got her." He told to Marcus and Mom as he carried me towards the stairs and up to my room.

~

~

"Derek?" Calling to him as he paced my room. "Derek, explain to me what just happened." He sighed and ran a hand through his hair and then down his face.

Sitting down on my bed, and gathering his thoughts before he spoke. "She was a slave girl once. She was turned and became a monster and we had to kill her."

"Matt turned her."

"What, how did?"

"She showed me. Wait if she is dead then how???"

"She is what you would call a lost spirit, a ghost."

That makes since why some would look at me funny occasionally at the palace, I was talking to her, but only I could see her so they thought that I was crazy most likely. "That makes since now that I think about I suppose."

"Are you alright?" He brushed my cheek with his knuckles and then ran his fingers through my hair. "She wanted you to know what it was like for her. She knows that I intend to turn you. That I want to spend forever with you. Though she didn't know, that I am giving you the choice, she didn't have one."

I looked away from him, the walls seemed more interesting all of a sudden. "I'm not sure right now, though I am sure that I love you. I sometimes think that I love you more than my own life." I looked back to him then, and sat up in bed to lean my forehead on his.

"I would never force you to do anything, you know that."

"Kiss me." He didn't hesitate, his lips collided with mine. I pulled him on top of me as I laid back down on the bed, "I love you Derek." I searched his eyes as he searched mine.

"I love you, but so much more." He caressed my cheek and placed a kiss on my forehead as a tear fell.

"Could we just lay here for a while?"

He moved to lay behind me, while wrapping me into his arms. "If that is what you wish to do." I nodded and he placed a kiss to my neck. Laying in silence in eachothers arms brought me more comfort than one may think possible. "Rest love." He whispered into my ear, and I felt my body relax more into his.