A Week later

Derek’s POV

It has been a little over a week now that she has been gone, and already I am going crazy without her.  I knew that I needed her, but this, this was not what I thought.  My chest hurt, my mind hurt, I couldn’t think straight.  I would daze off in meetings, and every little thing annoyed me.  I was angry all the time, I was starting to become the old me, the me that I wanted to leave behind me after what happened so long ago.  Right now I was in my office, thinking of her, again.  I couldn’t stop thinking about her.  I even miss her singing that annoying song.  I missed when she used to roll her eyes at me for my behavior.  How she would like at, as if I weren’t a monster.  How she would smile, and then that beautiful sound that would leave her lips, her laugh.  I miss her laughter, her giggles that made her look like an adorable child in a beautiful young woman’s body.  The way that she would speak to me, I can’t even miss her tears.  I hate when she cries, but I miss absolutely everything about her, everything that she did, even if it annoyed me.  I miss her being in my arms.  I miss her scent, her scent still lingers slightly on my bed.  Her cloths are still in the dresser, and I miss the way she would scrunch her nose in thought, as she tried to decide what she would wear.

I was taken out my thoughts when Matt walked into my office.   “Hey have you gone over the tactics?”

“Yes.”

“Also your father would like to see you as soon as possible.”

“Alright, you may leave now.”  I almost growled out, but I controlled myself, and just came off sounding annoyed.

“Hey man, you okay?”

“I’m fine!”  I growled.  I far from fine, I need her, I need her now.

Matt closed the door and walked over to my desk and sat down in one of the chairs in front of it.  “You miss her?”

Why is he asking this, of course I miss her.  “Yes.”

“Dude, she has you whipped.”

I sighed because I knew that he was right.  “Is it that obvious?”

“To me yes, but your parents think that you are just becoming cold again, your father thinks it’s good, but your mother seems a bit worried about you.  They think it’s because you lost your toy.”

A growl escaped me, when he called her my toy, she was, is not my toy, she is my everything.  He knows that.

“Calm down I know what she is to you.  You should go see her.”

“You know I can’t do that, not yet.”  My heart ached for hers.

“You will see her again soon.”

“I hope.”  I just hope that it is not under bad circumstances, such as battle.