Conversation with Marcus

Rachel's POV

I woke to the alarm going off, and I hit it. I opened my eyes to see the sunlight shinning in, and it didn't go well with a splitting headache, I then rolled out of bed. I landed on the floor, and slowly pushed myself up. I went to the bathroom, and got ready for school. Make-up and hair done, and then I went to my closet and got dressed for the day. I walked downstairs to see Marcus cooking breakfast with mom holding Jake. Marcus would even start playing with him when he had the chance. They noticed me and said good morning.

"Ray, Ray." Jake reached for me, and I took him from mom's arms.

"How are you sweetie?" Mom asked, I looked at her, and that seemed to answer her question. "Hold on." She went to the cabinet and took out the pills, she put two in her hand, and then got me a glass of water. I popped the pills in my mouth and then took the glass of water. I swallowed the pills and chugged the whole glass.

"Ray, Ray, where did you go yestherday?"

"I had to go see a friend is all." I told him, lying.

"Oh. Was it Derek?"

I froze, Mom and Marcus looked at me with worry. Mom was about to take him from me, but I got myself together for him. "No it wasn't him."

"Oh, I miss him, he was fun to play with." He said in a sad tone.

"I miss him too." I told him honestly, I do miss him, even though he broke my heart.

Soon breakfast was ready and I put Jake in his chair. Mom, Marcus and I sat at the table. Mom, Jake and I ate the breakfast that Marcus made, while he drank out of a cup, that we couldn't see into. I knew what it was, as did mom, we knew because it wasn't hard to guess, that and the fact of the metallic like smell that was in the room, but Jake didn't know.

I saw Jake make a sniffing motion with his nose. "What's that?" He asked looking at Marcus. We all froze.

"This is old people juice." Marcus told him, and he started laughing. "You think that's funny?" Jake nodded at Marcus, and we all slowly laughed with him.

There was honk from outside and I stood, when my phone went off. "That's Blaze and Sarah, I will be home after school, love you mom, Jakey." I kissed Jakey on his cheek after I put my plate away, and hugged mom. "By Marcus." They waved to me as I walked out of the door. I got in Blaze's car, shot gun, and he gave me a look. "Sorry about last night."

"Yeah what was that?" He asked, as Sarah joined him in asking, "I told her."

"Of course you did. Um well, being single is a bitch."

"What!? He did what!?" Sarah shouted from the back seat. "I am so going to kill him. Oh sorry. Rachel are you okay?"

"If Blaze told you about last night, do you think I'm okay?" I told her, and then leaned my head against the window. I then heard Blaze start to ask questions, but I ignored both of them. I didn't want to hear it, and I didn't want to go to school, I didn't want to pretend that everything was okay. I sighed as Blaze pulled into the school parking lot. We all got out and walked to class. Everything though was but a blur. My head hurt, my heart ached, and everything seemed to blur together. I didn't feel good, and I couldn't stand this feeling. This feeling of so much pain, of not being able to breathe, of your body feeling so heavy it becomes a struggle to move a finger. So when gym came around I didn't go easy on anyone or anything. Although I could have done so much more, I didn't, I had to control myself. I didn't want to control myself, I was tired of acting like everything was okay in my life, when in reality, my life felt horrible. And just when I thought that nothing could go wrong, or I could at least have pure happiness, it was taken from me. There were students complaining about how I was too hard on them today, or that I was insane. I didn't care, I think I am slowly flipping the switch off. No more caring, maybe I will turn into my father, or even mother, when she would drink all the time. Maybe I will die one night while working. Who knows, I guess you just continue on living, even when you feel like you have nothing left. I guess this is what it feels like to be heart broken. I hate this feeling, I want to get rid of it, and I want it to go away.