Hungry

A/N Many of you are very fond of Derek, and of Rachel's relations ship with him, but please do remember that this is a book, it is fiction.  Also Vampires are scary not gorgeous/hot/sexy/beautiful/ or all of the above. 

Now that I am on this subject, I am thinking about doing another story, though it may not be uploading here until next year; it will be a bit of horror, and more to truth about myths and legends.

Now lets get on with the story now shall we...

~~~~~~~~~~~

Rachel's POV

As Derek made dinner, I began to get him a glass of blood. Taking the glass out of the microwave to warm it up, I was engulfed with a sweet smell. I clenched my jaw and set the glass on the counter. Why? My fists balled up, and I couldn't look away from the glass of blood. Why?

"Rachel?" Derek sounded further away, when only he was a few feet from where I stood. I felt hands grab my shoulders and spin me around. "Rachel?" He looked at the glass of blood and then he checked my eyes, though I don't know why. "Shit." I couldn't seem to focus on him, but I knew what he was doing. He pulled me away from the glass and brought me to the bedroom after turning the stove off, so that he wouldn't burn the food. He set me down on the bed, and looked at me again, I could feel myself coming back and when I was fully aware of my surroundings again, I noticed that Derek was kneeling down in front of me. "Rachel?"

"Is everything okay?" How did I get to the bedroom, when did I get to the bedroom?

"Rachel?"

"Why are you looking at me like that, and why are you saying my name like that?"

"How are you feeling?"

"Why are you not answering me?"

"I could ask you the same question..." he glared at me, and I glared back.

Fine you win, "Fine, I feel fine."

"Do you know why I am asking you this?"

"No, and how did I get in here?" I asked him while looking around the room.

"You don't remember?" He sighed and took in a deep breath before asking me, yet another question. "What is the last thing you remember?"

I looked around the room, and blinked a few times before answering. "I was getting you a glass of blood and then, then, ummm, I'm not sure." I looked down at him confused. "Is this what is wrong with me?"

"It seems that you are drawn to blood, but I don't know why..." Why, is it because of, could I be...But we used??? Is it possible??? He seemed to know what I was thinking. "No, it is not that, I made sure of that, and I have been listening..." His gaze went to my stomach, "There is something else, but the only other way would be if......" Realization was clear in his face, but what did he know that I didn't, what could it be? If I'm not pregnant then the only other way would be if I had been turned, but I haven't been, the only other option is that I am only half human, which is rare, very rare... "I'm taking you home tomorrow morning." he stood and went to the kitchen, I followed after him.

Standing with him in the kitchen as he made me a plate of food, and him one as well. We both sat down at the island in the kitchen; with him drinking his glass of blood next to me, it was a bit distracting. I need to stop this is not happening, I can't be... I finished my food quickly and cleaned up after myself and then went straight to the bathroom to take a shower. Half way done with my shower Derek stepped into the shower with me. He helped me finish washing up and then I got out as he kissed my lips quickly. As he took his shower I brushed my teeth, and did everything else that I needed to do before bed. Leaving the bathroom and then laying down in bed, I was joined shortly after. Arms wrapping around my waist and pulling me in closely.

"Derek?"

"Hmm?"

"I'm going to be okay right?"

He seemed to freeze for a moment, hesitating to answer the question. "Yes."

I tried to believe him, but something told me that he could be wrong... I closed my eyes and awaited sleep, what found me was something I did not want.

~I was looking at dead bodies, piles of bodies, covered in blood. Some of the bodies were oozing blood, others were drained, and some were torn to shreds. Blood was everywhere, and I wasn't afraid, nor was I sad; I was thrilled. How could I be thrilled about this? I heard a woman cry and I began to stalk towards the crying. Finding a woman in a corner, I kneeled down in front of her. She tried clawing at the wall as if she could break it and escape. Silly woman, you shall not make it out of here alive.

"Why do you cry?" I asked, but it wasn't my voice, it sounded different; deadly, and demonic.

"Please...." She begged, yet sadly no matter how much begging she did, it would not help her. I brushed a strand of hair out of her face, and she shook harder than before out of fear. I clicked my tongue a few times, and grabbed her face in one hand. Turning her head so that I could have a better view of her neck. Her pulse was loud and strong, I could smell her fear, and it fed my will to drain her dry. It happened so quickly, one second I was looking at her neck, and the next her throat was ripped open and she now lied dead on the floor. My hands were covered in blood as were my clothes. I let out a laugh, and began to set fire to the building.~

I shot up in bed and looked over Derek who was sound asleep. Placing a hand over my chest I slowly evened my breathing to a regular pace. What just happened? Why did I do those things? Why did I drink her blood? Was that even me? What is happening to me? Why is this happening to me? Should I wake Derek and tell him what happened? Should I wait to tell him till morning? Should I even tell him at all??? All of these thought running through my mind on replay until I managed to fall asleep once more and pray that I don't have another dream like that any time soon.

~~~~~~~~~

Five Votes and Five comments or more are needed for the next chapter.

Vote

Comment

Share

Thank you.