Meeting, Letter, Club

Derek’s POV

I kissed Rachel’s forehead and told her goodnight.  As I left I heard her say goodnight to me, and she said my name.  I wanted so badly to climb into bed with her, and hold her.  And changing her, I wanted to… I wanted her beside me, it was driving me insane.  I was now driving to my meeting that I am now late for.  I don’t care though, Rachel is more important to me than this meeting.  Her body, I missed it, I missed her scent, and being able to see it, smell it once more just about drove me mad.  It took almost everything in me no to take her, not to love her, not to kiss her until she couldn’t feel her lips any longer.  It took everything in me not to stay with her as she slept.  Watching her sleep was one of my favorite things to do with her.  She was beyond cute and adorable.  She would talk in her sleep or mumble sometimes.  She moves around a lot, and when she dreams sometimes she smiles, or twitches her nose. 

I reached the building and drove my car into the parking lot.  Once I parked my car and walked inside the building, many of the vampire bowed their heads at me out of respect and loyalty.  I paid no attention to them, they were all below me, and besides my mind was on something else, or more like someone else. 

I reached the meeting room and apologized for being late.  They too bowed.  I sat down at the head of the table and began the meeting.

The meeting seemed to drag on forever.  Older and new vampires sat in a room around an oval table, and we spoke of laws.  Of the laws that we had with the humans.  About the hunters that continue to kill us, about the human that we kill ourselves.  About how war could possibly be upon us, yet again.  At some point the meeting was getting nowhere, everyone began to yell and shout towards one another.  I was leaning my head in my hand, and then I rubbed my temple before standing. 

I had been silent the entire meeting and know I have enough.  “SILENCE!”   I growled out.   Everyone shut up imminently, and sat down.  They seemed frightened and they should be, my patience was running thin.  I saved my mate from being taken tonight, and all I did was leave her in her bed, I didn’t hold her like I had wished. I didn’t get to kiss her like I had wished.  I didn’t get to sleep next to her, or watch her sleep like I had wished.  I wanted to be with her, not here listening to these idiots. 

“There will be no war, as long as you behave yourselves.  Am I understood?  You must control yourselves, your new ones, and your covens.  If we wish to stay on top, and to remain in control, we must stick together, not going for each other’s throats like wild animals.  This meeting is over, and I wish to see improvement from all of you, is that understood?”

“Yes your majesty.”  Was spoken around the room, as I left.  There seems to be more vampires creating new ones, and smaller covens are being created.  We are beginning to lose control.  No wonder the humans are fighting back more, they know that we are becoming more animal than we have been in quite some time.  Once out of the building I walked to my car, and drove to Rachel’s.  I stopped outside of her house and focused my hearing on her bedroom, on her.  She was asleep, her breathing slow and even.  I closed my eyes, and was able to smell her from out here.  I could picture her asleep in her room, and the thought made me wish to be next to her. 

I opened my eyes and got out of the car, and walked to her window.  I climbed up and opened it, climbing into her room.  And there she was, just as I had pictured her, sound asleep and beautiful.  I walked over to her desk that seems to be new, I don’t remember that being there.  I sat down in her desk chair, and pulled out a piece of paper and a pen.  I began to write as I took glances over towards my sleeping mate.  Once I finished the letter, I left it out in the open on her desk as I walked to her, and gave her one last kiss.