Prom Part 1

Rachel's POV

I wore a beautiful old fashioned like dress, a corset dress on top, and it fit me wonderfully I might add.  There was a trail of the dress behind me, and it had slit all the way to my knee, I didn't like it at the thigh so I made to the knee.  It was a beautiful tan like Champaign color, with a black lace over it, with a beautiful design.  I had a pair of Stilettos to match, five inches.  I had beautiful silver earrings to go with it, with natural makeup colors on my face, but I made the eyes pop.  My hair done in curls and then put up on my head, making a flower, so many bobby pins were used.  I walked out of my room and towards the stair case.  I took two steps and froze. 

Derek....He stood at the bottom of the stair case, in a tux, waiting for me. I smiled and made my way down the stairs.  As I took the last step he pulled out a corsage that matched my dressed perfectly.  Derek offered his arm out to me and I took it.  We went to the living room and mom took photos, while Marcus held Jake in his arms.  I let go of Derek and went and took Jake in my arms, placing him on my hip.  I walked back over to Derek and we took a few pictures with Jake each of us taking turns holding him, while we took different pictures, including some funny ones.  Then mom came over and Derek walked over to Marcus.  Mom, Jake and I took a few pictures together then Derek took the camera and Marcus stood on the other side of me and there a few of all of us. 

Finally pictures were done being taken, and then we headed to his car.  No a limo, he got a limo.  He is taking me to prom in a limo.  I looked at him as we made our way down the front porch.  We reached the limo and he whispered in my ear.  "You look beautiful."  He moved away from me, and opened the door.  "My lady."  And he even bowed his head slightly.  My smile grew, and I got in, careful as to not step on or trip over my dress.  I get in and Derek got in after me closing the door after him.  He sat next to me, and took my hand.  I had to sit up completely straight, I understand how women way back when used to feel.  "You are absolutely stunning in that dress."  He told me.

"Thank you."

"So how is breathing?"  He asked with a joking tone.

I giggled and had to hold my stomach.  "I don't see how women could wear these things every day."

He chuckled, "Why do you wear it?"

"I guess you could say I was born in the wrong era."

"Perhaps."  He kissed my cheek, and then whispered in my ear.  "You look beautiful in that dress, but you will need help getting out of it later."  That sent a shiver down my spine, a good one.

"Behave yourself sir."

"It is hard to do so with a beautiful lady next to me."

"So any beautiful lady could get your attention then?"

"No, just one."

"Good."

"Would the lady like something to drink?"

"That would be lovely."  He pulled out bottle of champagne and I smiled.  Then two champagne glasses.  He poured the glasses, and then handed me mine.  "Thank you."

"How long do you wish to stay?"  He asked me, knowing if I wanted to leave early or not.

"Well I am not sure yet, just waiting to see how much fun we will have or not."

"Alright."  He looked at me as I took a sip of the champagne.  "Now if I understand, this is a masquerade prom theme, is that correct?"

"Yes."

"And you wear no mask?"

"I could barely afford this dress."  I told him as I took another sip and looked away.

"Then it is a good thing that Sarah filled me in early."  I looked at him, she did what.

He pulled out two masks, one plain black mask for him, and then a black metal mask for me.  It had a beautiful design that actually matched my dress.  I looked at him.  "I can't."

"Yes you can, and you will." 

"Alright."

We enjoyed sitting next to one another and talking about everything.  "So I guess it being a masquerade them is why you showed up?"

"I would have shown up either way."

"But you wouldn't have been able to actually go with me like this if it were not."

He sighed.  "Truthfully, yes, you are correct.  I would have gone with you in this limo, but would not get out with you, I would have to wait for a while as the limo drove off, and then get out a few blocks down.  I would have watched you from the shadows."

"I would never get to dance with you either."

"Actually I would have made arrangements for you and I to go someplace, and we would have our own little dance, and have a nice dinner."

"You thought of everything haven't you?"

"No, not everything my love."  He looked up and out the window, which were really tinted.  "We have arrived, are you ready?"

"Yes, I think."  He put his mask on and helped me put mine on as well.  He opened the door and stepped out, then reached out for me. 

~~~~~~~~~~~
The dress in the photo is the dress except the slit is to the knee, she had it changed a bit.  (This was my prom dress and I love it, it flowed behind me a bit, what can I say, I am short even with five inches heels.) 

Vote

Comment

Share

Thank you.