Personal History Book

Rachel's POV

I woke with a start, and remembered that my dream last night, wasn't a dream.  They actually took Kara, but luckily Derek got to her.  I need to figure out how to contact him, to make sure that she is okay.  I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth, while putting my hair in a messy bun.  I then went to sit on my bed and started to work on some homework for school, when I heard my name being called from downstairs.  I walked downstairs to see Derek waiting for me.  I ran to him, and hugged him as he hugged me in return. 

"Can we go somewhere to talk?"  He asked, and I nodded taking him upstairs with me, as he handed me a Starbucks mocha latte.

"You are the best you know that."  He shrugged as we entered my room, and he closed the door behind him.  I moved my things from my bed, and sat down.  Derek took in my appearance, and it made me a bit self-conscious.  I had on hello kitty pajama pants and a white tank top.  You could see my black lace bra through the shirt, and then of course I pretty sure he was wondering if I had underwear to match, which I did.  I took a few sips from my coffee before asking, "Is she okay?"

He raised an eyebrow.  "I saw the whole thing, I was in the meeting, when they announced what was happening.  All of the men had cameras on them, so I saw everything, even what you did to get Kara back."

He sighed.  "You saw that did you?" 

"Yeah."

"I need to know anything you can give me."

"Well they are planning to attack in again in about a month or so."

"Alright."

"Derek, are you okay?"

"Just a bit stressed is all.  Dad wants to increase the training, and for me to teach them.  He wants the killer of a son back, not this."  He motioned at himself.

I set my coffee down on my bedside table, and climbed into his lap to straddle him.  "You sir, are amazing.  I think that your father is scared, and doesn't want to accept what is, or the fact that you are indeed your own person, one he cannot control forever.  And I think he is beginning to realize that."

"How do you always seem to know what to say?"

"I could say the same to you."  He chuckled at that, and pecked my lips.  I giggled, and hugged him.  He smacked his lips a bit, "Taste like coffee."  I giggled at him, and kissed him again.  He had me on my back soon, and was hovering over me.  "Derek I need to do school work."

"Alright."  He got off of me and sat next to me, as he passed me my papers and books. 

"Thank you."  I took another sip from my coffee and then back on my bedside table.  Derek went to look at my book shelf, and picked a book.  He sat back down beside me on my bed.