Worried for Sarah

Rachel's POV

When I was able to go home the next morning I was a bit tired, but other than that I was fine.  My leg looked good to go, no infection or anything.  Yay.  I still have to keep an eye on it until it is completely healed of course.  I smiled when I reached home and was able to go see Jake still asleep in his bed.  I had to explain to Marcus what had happened and he nodded and told me not to tell mom, I agreed with him on that one.  I went to my room to take a shower, and get ready for the day.  I have school today I mean it is Wednesday and prom is Friday, yay.  I already have my dress and everything.  I smiled, although it fell when I realized that I may not have a date, like at all.  I sighed and continued to get ready as got into the shower.

I walked downstairs with my back pack on my one shoulder, and my phone in the other hand, along with my car keys.  I hugged Marcus bye and left for school.  At school I noticed that Sarah wasn't there all day.  I wondered where she is.  When lunch came around I called her a few times, but she never answered.  I sighed, maybe she is sick or something.  I found Blaze at our table and asked him if he knew anything.  He seemed just as surprised.  We thought for a minute and couldn't figure anything out, he said that he even called her a few times too. 

When school let out I headed straight over to her house, I took a pain killer on my way there because my leg started to hurt again.  I reached her street and pulled into her driveway, I saw Tyler's car there, and I walked to the front door.   I knocked, and had my gun with me just in case.  Tyler answered.  He looked down and saw the gun, he raised his hand in the air.  "Where is she?"  I asked pointing the gun at his heart.  "She is in her bed, Rachel she is asleep, don't go in..." I was already going to her room, half limping.  There she was asleep on her bed, her bed that was covered in pillow stuffing, bed sheets torn, head board was cracked, and the room was dirty.  Then it clicked why she hadn't answered her phone, why she wasn't at school, why Tyler was here, why he answered the door only in his boxers.  Ewww.   I turned to leave out of the room and went to the living room.

"I told you not to go in there." 

"I know, I don't listen."  I started giggle to myself.  I looked at Tyler.  "All day thing or?"

He smirked, "Wouldn't you like to know?"

"No, not really."

"You will find out soon enough."

"Maybe, maybe not."  I sighed and sat down. 

"Everything okay, and..."  He paused and stared at me.  "Rachel?"

"Yeah?"

"Your bleeding."  He said plainly with a concentrated look on his face.

"Sorry, yeah I got injured last night is all."

"Want me to take a look at it?"   I raised an eye brow at him.  "I know a lot about medicine and I used to be a medic." 

"Sure I guess."  I trusted him, so I stood and unbuttoned my pants and pulled them down, my long shirt covered my area, yay for long shirts.  He didn't even look at me like that he acted like a doctor. 

"You started to reopen your stitches you know?"  He said looking up at me.

"Oh, oops."

"Yeah oops, not good, I will be right back.  He left the house and came right back in with a small black bag.  He sat back down on the couch and opened the bag.  He pulled out some tap stuff and gauze and what not and fixed my leg.  "Be careful with it."

"Okay, thanks."  I sat back down as he put his things away.  "Where did you learn that?"

"War."

"Ohh."  I could see that he didn't want to talk more about the subject so I dropped it.

"You okay."

"Yeah."

"Rachel, you're lying."

"Vampires and their stupid hearing."  I grumbled to myself and I heard him chuckle. 

"Tell me what's on that mind of yours."

"Well prom is in two days, on Friday and well..."  I trailed off.

"I can see what I can do, I am taking Sarah, but after Saturday I have to leave before the king and queen start to wonder where I have been."  He looked towards Sarah's room and I could see the smiled on his lips spread to his eyes.  He really loved her, good, she deserves that. 

"Thank you, Ty."

"Your welcome."

"Tyler?"  We both turned our heads at the voice of Sarah calling for him.

I looked at him and stood to go say hi to her real quick before I left.

"Hey girl have fun," I told her as I stepped into the doorway, and winked at her before I left. 

The drive home was easier knowing that she was okay.  My mind started to drift off to what prom might be like.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know that it is short, but I hope to make the next chapter longer. 

Vote

Comment

Share

Thank you.