New Orleans Part 1

Rachel's POV

I watched as Derek drove through many states, I smiled at the different landscapes of each. I looked over at him, he smiled over at me and then placed his hand on my left thigh. I laced our fingers together and continued to listen to the radio as I watched different state signs and town sings as we passed by them. I fell asleep and when I woke we were in some sort of swampy area, we were on a bridge of some kind. I looked over at him, "Where are we?"

"Louisiana, sweetheart."

"What, really?"

He chuckled, "Yes, really." He continued to drive until he reached a sign that read the French quarter. He pulled into this very business-like building and then he grabbed our bags from the back of the car. He told me to stay close so I did as we walked into the building. We went up a few stairs and then down hallways, until we reached a door. He pulled out a key and unlocked the door and then opened it. He motioned for me to go in first, so I did of course. I had to take a few steps through a small hallway and then I heard Derek clap his hands together. The room looked amazing. The living room was black with a white wall with three large windows, black curtains covered them. A golden chandelier hung from the ceiling giving the room a perfect amount of lighting. There were a few old pictures on the walls and a glass cabinet with breakables. There were two beautiful old fashioned red chairs, a love seat, and a couch, along with a small oval shaped table in the middle, on top of a small red rug. This seemed like a vampire den in the movies, I thought to myself.

Derek left my side and then returned in that vampire speed of his, no bags in his arms anymore. He watched as I continued through the place we would be staying for a while. I walked to what must be the dining room, skulls covered the walls a small black table sat in the middle of the room with a silver golden colored chandelier hung, red roses in black vases were on the table, along with black glass wear. A black cabinet sat near the table with a picture and different beautiful glass decorations. I walked out of the dining room and into the kitchen, there was a black island in the middle of the kitchen. Cabinets filled the kitchen there was a larger cabinet that seemed to hold the fridge and freezer, that is very creative. A weight thing was on the island I guess to way foods. The sink was on one wall, and then the counter just went around the entire kitchen. Inside the cabinets were fancy glass wear like in beauty and the beast. I love this kitchen so much, I could live in here. I left the kitchen to walk down a dark hallway.Then we entered the bedroom, a black gothic style bed sat in the middle of the room, the bed sheets were black with a black amazing headboard and pillows. Black walls with one red one to make the room pop. A window on once wall with a table and small trunk was there for someone to sit on. On the opposite wall from the window was another black small table with black glass containers, what was inside of them, I don't know. There was a smaller red bedside table with lights coming out of a vase and travelling up the wall. I then walked into the bathroom attached to the bedroom and froze. A large white bathtub sat in one corner underneath a black shelfing built into the wall with different towels soaps and other things that would be used in the bathroom. A very small glass table was next to the shelf underneath it, with a small black lamp on it, a black chair was next to the table as well. Then there was the mirror and sink on top of a black cabinet. This place is amazing.

I turned to look at Derek. "This place is amazing."

"I have many other places you know."

"How many?"

"A few in every state just about." I am sure my jaw dropped to the floor.

He chuckled at me, "Being a prince has its perks." He said with a shrug not really caring about his title. "This is only our first stop, we will be traveling to another state in a few days."I walked into his arms, and placed my hands on the back of his neck.