I didn't protest before nodding; deciding that was the best thing to do at the moment anyway. I could feel something nagging at me from the back of my mind but I couldn't seem to grasp it in my current state. Once he was satisfied that was what I was really going to do; he rushed downstairs to get the door.

I could hear my wolf whimper as he did; pained with having her mate move away from her despite the hell he'd put us through. I heard him walk out to speak to whoever was downstairs. When I heard the door click as it closed, it was as if something clicked in my mind as well. Jen! I opened up my mind, only now remembering that I hadn't checked on her since we'd gotten back from the mall; too absorbed in my own issues.

I felt her fear before I could even penetrate her mind. She was trying to keep it closed off from everyone, but I managed to get in anyway. Jen, are you alright? I whispered; hiding our conversation from the rest of the pack. Chelsea? She responded. Yeah, how are you? Did Logan do anything to you? I asked, worriedly. No, I'm fine. I'm just waiting in a cell at the pack prison for now while the Alpha decides my punishment, came her response. What?! I demanded, all tiredness leaving my body.

It's nothing, she said. Jen; that is not my definition of fine! I'm coming to get you out! I snapped. No Luna, its fine! How are you? What has the Alpha done to you?! Ethan has told me nothing. She said; genuine worry in her voice. I knew that if she was using my title she really meant what she was saying; for some reason, she really didn't want me to get her out of the pack prison. It didn't matter what she said; I was coming down there no matter what, not at all comfortable with letting her stay down there for another minute.

The pack prison was a place where the Alphas kept any of their prisoners; those who break pack law, wolves who breach their territory or anyone else they deemed deserved to be imprisoned. Every pack had one; even my old pack though ours had always been empty; Jake never coming face to face with any problems from any shifters. I didn't even want to think about what type of people were locked up in the prison of such a large pack like Logan's.

I had only ever been down to the Delaney pack prison once, about a year ago; and I never wanted to step foot into it again. It had been horrible. The prison was underground; as most pack prisons are and was like a dungeon. All the cells in ours had been what we called 'crusher cells'. They were built so small that it would barely hold any shifter in wolf form. That would keep anyone inside from shifting because every single cell was made of solid metal so strong that not even our wolves could break them.

One of the worst fates for a shifter would be to be kept away from their wolf. The pain would become so unbearable that they would have no choice but to shift and when they did, according to Jake; their bones would be forced to break. The worst part was that he said that it wouldn't kill them; just make the experience of having to stay in the cell as excruciatingly painful as possible. I couldn't stand to see those cells again; never wanting to see another prison for the rest of my life. I guess I had to suck it up now; not being able to bear the thought of Jen locked up in a crusher cell, or based on my knowledge of Logan; something worst.

Jen, where is the prison? I demanded. Luna, that's not a-, she began. Save it, Jen. Just tell me where it is! I growled. After a few minutes of deliberation, she mentally sighed. B-, I heard her gasp. I need to go Chels, the Alpha is here! She continued; her voice filled with panic. Wait, Jen! I yelled in vain; our connection already broken.

I got out of bed as quickly as I could; wincing when I got up, my foot not fully healed despite my ability to heal rapidly. When I was sure I could take the pain, I jogged downstairs and got my softest pair of boots. I didn't have any time to change into another outfit so I just quickly slipped them on before jumping out of my bedroom window, deciding it was faster than the front door. I ran to the Beta house; guessing that it was probably where the prison would be located based on my memory of where my old pack's prison had been.

***

When I got there; I noticed Logan's scent, convincing me that this was where Jen was. I began to look around on the ground; deciding that what I was looking for was probably underground. As I was nearing the edge of the forest that surrounded the house; I noticed a pair of metal doors hidden under a thick layer of leaves. I thanked Jake for his indirect help; despite how horrible the experience had been, I was sure that without his tour of the prison a year ago, I wouldn't be able to find Jen now.

I pulled the doors open and the horrible smell that rushed out had me clamping a hand over my mouth to keep from gagging. What the hell is that?! I did my best to ignore it as I began my descent down the stone staircase that led into the darkness of the Blood Moon pack prison. When I got to the bottom, my heightened eyesight had already gotten used to the darkness; my eyes able to see everything clearly. I looked around and studied my surroundings.

The prison was much bigger than the Delaney pack's had been; many cells lining the large corridor in front of me; the two passageways at the end that bent to the right and the left indicating that there were more cells hidden deeper into the horrific looking subterranean space. I was glad that I at least couldn't see any crusher cells around; not inclined to see those horrific things in action.

I inhaled; despite the stench that I knew filled the area, and managed to notice Jen's faint scent. I walked as quickly as I could; averting my gaze from any of the cells; which were all surprisingly quiet, as I tried to find her.

***

After a few minutes of searching, I took a quick break; leaning against a wall to catch my breath. The reeking air seemed to choke me as I breathed; making my desire to leave even greater.

When I began to move on; I heard a moan come from one of the nearby cells. Despite my earlier decision to avert my gaze, I couldn't help but take a look. Before I could stop myself, what I saw in the cell forced a shrill scream from my lips as I fell back and crashed into the cell accross the corridor; the cold metal still managing to bite into my back through Logan's thin shirt.

Author's Note:

So, I know this chappie is a little different from the others but I hope all you lovelies like it! This one is dedicated to LunaDelancy cause I know you're going through a little bit of a mid-life crisis right now XD so enjoy!

-Roxy