I didn't do anything but nod as I kept my gaze away from him; nodding for more than just the glass shard. He didn't comment about it before he began to treat my foot. When he was done; he moved on to the other wounds I had. He cleaned the cuts on my fingers, arms and legs; being so gentle that I doubted the man in front of me was my mate. I kept expecting him to hit me or say something awful but it never came; much to my relief. When he was done; he lifted me into his arms again, carrying me upstairs.

I'm sorry if it sounded ridiculous, but for a moment; I thought that he was going to throw me from one of the first floor windows. I didn't resist when he placed me on his large bed; my tired body appreciating the softness of the mattress, making me finally noticed how sore I was. Logan disappeared into the hallway; the sound of his feet on the stairs telling me that he was going to the lower floor. I waited there for what felt like an eternity before he returned; a pair of my panties in his hand.

If I wasn't so badly hurt at the moment; I would've blushed or laughed at how funny the situation was. He didn't say anything before handing it to me; I managed to stand up and slip it on while he walked into his closet. I didn't react when he came to stand in front of me a few minutes later with some more clothes. I kept my eyes on the ground as he crouched in front of me.

"I can't get you into this without your help." He said quietly; holding the shirt he had, out to me.

All I did was look up at him so he knew I'd heard him; not bothering to do anything else. He carefully pulled it onto me; helping me get my arms in through the proper holes. I didn't even need to look down to know that the shirt was his; my mate's scent sticking to the fabric, surrounding me as the cloth did. He didn't bother getting me any bottoms; the shirt so long it reached halfway down my thighs.

After a few moments of awkward silence; I finally looked up at Logan; who hadn't moved from his crouching position in front of me since he'd helped me get his shirt on. My mate seemed to be in a daze as he watched me; his eyes never leaving my body. I did nothing but stare back; wondering how somebody who looked so perfect could hurt me as much as he had.

How somebody who seemed so complete could be so broken. We were still watching each other when he began to lean towards me; his eyes fully trained on my lips. I couldn't move as he came closer; not even breathing because I was worried it would shatter the moment and he would go back to the way he usually acted around me; cold and uncaring.

When his lips were an inch away; my common sense finally snapped back into place. My mind immediately shocked me with one of the earlier images I'd seen; making me turn away from him. I could feel the pain he felt from my rejection almost immediately; hating myself for feeling guilty for causing him pain.

I almost couldn't believe my own emotions; how I could still have this weakness for him when my mate had done nothing but hurt me all this time. We love them. My wolf whispered. I don't, not anymore. I responded heatedly. I could feel her anger flare. Don't deny it! I know you do. She snapped; her first real response since she'd hidden herself away. I hated how right she was; the brave front I'd put on not even lasting longer than five minutes before it crumbled. I know. I admitted; defeated with the fact that she was the one person I would never be able to lie to. You can't lie to yourself; not really, no matter how hard you try.

A knock at the front door had me snapping out of my debate with my wolf. When I did; I found myself still staring into Logan's eyes; my mate refusing to move despite my earlier reaction. I opened my mouth when more knocking ensued from downstairs; intending to tell him to go and see who was at the door. Before I could get a word out; he picked me up again.

I wrapped my arms around his neck when he adjusted me so he was only carrying me with one arm; seriously worried he would drop me. He didn't even seem bothered by my weight; making me realise how strong my mate really was. He pulled the covers of his bed back and laid me down, pulling them over me once he did. "Rest." He ordered; his voice sounding different from all the other times he'd bossed me around. It sounded ludicrous but he almost sounded pleading.