Chapter Seven

Authors Note: Hopefully this will make up for the short chapter before.

Your probably wondering if I have a job, and I do. Its called sitting around all day wondering if Charlie will invite me somewhere. You see, I don’t make the first move, or any move actually. I’m normally shy, but this guy (Charlie, duh) makes me feel like myself, not some random fake. 

I remember when we first met, and how he called me... You know, a biatch. I didn’t mind at all, in fact I was laughing inside. 

My thoughts were suddenly interrupted by a knock at the door, my eyes widened and I jumped up excitedly. “Charlie!” I half shouted as I opened my front door, frowning as I did.

“You’re not Charlie” I said, looking the man up and down. 

“No... My name is Mark” he said, I squinted my eyes. “You look and sound familiar Mark” I answered, wondering what on earth he is doing on my door-step.

“It’s me Miley, Mark from dance night.”

Oh god, the awful memories came flooding through my mind quickly. The moment when the King and Queen were announced, and the girl ripped the crown in half and threw it to everyone- Wait, no thats the movie Mean Girls.

I remember though, the memory of my beautiful, lime green dress being ruined by James, who threw a bowl of spaghetti on me.

No need to keep the dress and show my kids some day, is there? Would you like a dress, served with spaghetti?

“Mark? Mark Saliva?” I said, holding back the smile from speaking his last name. “Just Mark” he replied, smiling a little.

“What can I do for you?” I asked, feeling a little impatient. Mark has always been the type of guy who would stall something. 

I started frowning, “Mark, how did you find me?” I asked, ignoring the other question. 

“I want you to give me another chance.”

Him? Another chance? This isn’t high school, Romeo. 

“Mark, that was high school. I’m a different person” I said, wishing he’d just walk away or melt into the cement. 

“I know Miley, but I stuffed up” Mark said, taking a step forward.

“Mark, high school was four or five years ago and if you really wanted to make it up you would of came here four, or five years ago.”

“Who are you?” Said someone, I looked at my letterbox and saw Charlie standing there, taking long strides. “Charlie!” I held back the squeal, Mark crossed his arms. “I’m Miley’s boyfriend.”

Someone fantasizes to much.

“Keep dreaming Mark” I said as I hugged Charlie, purposely kissing him in front of Mark. “Me and Charlie are getting married” I said. I have always been competitive.

“We are?” Charlie said, blinking a few times. 

“Remember, Charlie?” I said, my eyes sending a fair warning to him. He laughed and slammed his hand on his forehead. “Silly me, I proposed to you last night” he said, I smiled. If only it were true...

“So it’s Charlie, hmm?” Mark said. Hasn’t he already gone yet? What else do I have to do in front of him to tell him I am simply N.O.T interested in him, or anything involving him.

“Yes, and I have to fix something inside” Charlie said, grabbing my hand and leading me inside. “Not to be rude, whatever your name is, but were busy.” Charlie closed the door.

“So what can I do for you?” I asked, his back was to me. How incredibly rude...

“Miley, do you love me?” He asked, turning around and smiling at my always-reddening cheeks.

“What do you mean?” I said, a little surprised I didn’t stutter.

“I’d like to know...” He trailed off, looking down at his feet. Wait, did he just blush? 

“You first” I said, “we sound like year one’s...”

He offered a small smile before moving my longish-like dark fringe out of my eyes. “I do” he said.

Now it was my turn to blush.

“I do as well” I whispered, a little embarrassed. 

“Didn’t hear you” He said, his hands dropping by his sides.

“I said I love you as well!” I raised my voice,  he put his hands up in surrender quickly.

“Didn’t know you were that desperate” he teased, hugging me.