Chapter Two

• Dedicated to Jodie S

My eyes flashed open to the bright light. No, not the light you go into when you die, this is called sunlight. “Wow” I said to myself as I slowly sat up from my bed, looking out the window. The sky was the most amazing blue I’ve seen since yesterday... Bet you didn’t expect that. 

I yawned and walked to the kitchen, opening the fridge and grabbing a carton of milk out. A note was stuck on it, which was strange. 

Dear I forget your name, enjoy your role in this story. From your creator, Taraka.

Joking, of course it didn’t say that, in fact, there was no note at all.

I dressed myself causally and opened the front door, nearly being murdered by that annoying boy on the bicycle that throws the newspaper on your doorstep. “Watch it!” I yelled, the boy rang his bicycle bell and did the eyebrows at me. I rolled my eyes and picked the newspaper up that I was almost killed by, reading the front cover. “Multi-millionaire gets money off of lemonade girl.’

I frowned, my eyes reading through quickly. “So I’m guessing you saw” someone wondered from in front of me, I lowered the newspaper to see Charlie holding a bouquet of wilting flowers, his expression apologetic.

“I know, there wilting” he grinned, I folded the newspaper under my arm and watched him as he stepped forward with the wilting flowers. 

“What type of flowers were they, when they were alive?” I asked, smiling a little.

“One was a pink rose, and the rest were already dying, so I don’t know what type they were” he replied, shrugging. I held back my laughter as he passed them to me, I opened my door and ushered him in.

“Your house is...” He started to say, though turning and shrugging. “Small I guess, shabby even.” I silently agreed with him but I acted offended. “And your clothes are pathetic” I said, though we both knew I was pretending. His clothes were neat, tidy and nothing was wrong with them.

“Oh? Well, your haircut is stupid” he said, tilting his head back and laughing when I shook my head. “Oh? Well your shoes have brought mud in my house- wait” I frowned.

“Clean it up” I told him, passing him a mop. He sighed and did as I told him, I sat down on the couch and started watching television. I yawned a few times, not even noticing when my head hit the couch pillow.

I blinked a few times, later realising I was awake. I frowned when I had the mop held firmly in my hands, it was laying on the couch with me and I had gripped onto it for some odd reason. I groaned and sat up, taking the yellow sticky-note off of the smooth, chocolate brown base off of the mop. 

I cleaned a little of the mud, but since you fell asleep I lost my motivation. Clean it yourself, it is your fault for letting me in... I don’t even know how I got mud on my shoes since you said yourself it was an amazing sunny day... From Charlie, x

X? You have to be kidding me... He signed his note with a kiss? My heart skipped a beat, then I saw the PS section below.

PS: X is not a kiss in this note, X means I left two tickets to the new X-men on your kitchen counter, I’ll pick you up at 8pm tonight.

I chuckled- this guy was different to your average guy.