Chapter Five

Authors Note: Hopefully this makes up for the short, lame chapter before this one!

I studied the text message, but it wasn’t much to study in the first place. Where were we going to go anyway? A theme park? I smiled at the thought of seeing us on a ferris wheel... I shook my head, replying quickly with; 

When were you going to tell me that you are married? 

I sat my phone down next to me and watched a bit of the television, sitting on the edge of my seat when Oprah Winfrey came on. I liked her, and I loved listening to the audience who was witnessing her greatest moments- she has made herself well-known in the world’s history.

My phone vibrated, I grabbed it quickly and looked at the message. 

What do you mean? Do you mean face book? Eliza is my sister. I’m not married, I wanted to make it look like I was married so those internet girls would leave me alone. See you at 4.

I sighed, he was probably and hopefully telling the truth. What a long text though, he could of at least called me. I know, I’m sort of ungrateful but still, wouldn’t it worry you? Nope? Well then, rather awkward.

Four o’clock came by quickly and I soon found myself walking towards his car, opening the front door. “No sorry, Scotty’s in the front” I looked closely, expecting to find another man or at least a dog, but it was a little brown rat in a cage. 

“You take your rat in your car?” I asked, closing the door and opening the back door, he nodded and closed the door for me.

“I haven’t sat in the back for so long” I mumbled to myself, staring out the window. Charlie put his indicator on and I looked up, seeing something that surprised me.

OUTBACK AUSTRALIA was clearly printed on the rooftop of a large, long building. A wide smile spread across my face, I have always wanted to go to this. You can have dinner here, and you watch cowboy’s and such on horses running around the arena, herding cows or doing tricks on the back of the horses. It was definitely my type of thing.

I couldn’t keep my eyes of one of the horses; it was the richest chestnut colour I have ever seen, its mane was long and its moves were graceful. “I hope your watching the horse and not the guy” Charlie smirked, laughing when I gripped onto his arm.

“Oh Charlie, your just to funny” I said sarcastically, he mocked me and leaned his head onto my shoulder.

“Please don’t think I’m married” he said quietly into my ear, I looked at him and smiled. “Since you asked nicely” I replied, looking back at the horses running around the arena. 

It was cold, so very cold when the show was over. Charlie had the biggest jacket on, and I had a cotton-like shirt and jeans on. “I’m freezing” I said, Charlie looked at me and smiled. “I’d give you my jacket but I’d be cold then” he said, I giggled and held onto his arm once again as we walked to his car.

He dropped me home, and started walking me to my front door. “Hope you had a nice time” he said, leaning in to kiss me. I kissed him quickly and then pushed him back, tilting my head back and laughing at his shocked expression. “Just a little taste” I teased, hugging him tightly and walking inside, closing the door on him. He stayed quiet for a minute, and then started laughing, leaving as he did.