Chapter Forty Three: Jealousy

Start from the beginning

Matagal akong nakipagtitigan sa kanya bago ko nanlulumong binagsak ang balikat ko.

"Yes, Sir."

Mabigat ang paa na naglakad ako papalabas ng opisina niya. Pero mas mabigat ang sakit na dala-dala ko sa dibdib ko ngayon.

Bakit ba bigla na lang nanlamig sa akin si Trojan? Hindi na ba niya ako gusto? Hindi na ba ako ganoon ka-interesado sa kanya? Ano ba talaga ang relasyon niya sa Elisha na iyon at bakit parang sobrang importante niya yata sa buhay niya?

Wala na ba talaga akong halaga sa kanya ngayong nandyan si Elisha?

Trojan

"YOUR SECRETARY sure has an attitude problem," Elisha said while staring at the door where Eila went then turned her head again to face me. "I won't be surprised if your board members don't like to mingle with that woman. She's perfectly rude and unprofessional."

"You're being unprofessional yourself too, Elisha," I said with a serious tone. "And please leave Miss Delos Santos on our business."

"Bakit ba nagmamadali ka?"

"And when did you start learning to speak Filipino?"

"My friends in France," she said and sits properly in front of me. "Well anyway, tama ka. Hindi naman talaga siya ang pinunta ko dito. It's you, Trojan."

"I am not interested with your side business, Elisha," I warned her.

"No, silly!" she laugh flirtatiously. "Nandito talaga ako para pag-usapan ang negosyo, Trojan. You know me, when I mean business, I really mean business."

"Doesn't seem like that to me a while ago," I sighed.

"I just miss you! Bawal na ba akong maglaro ngayon?"

"Not in my office, woman."

"Bankruptcy make you a dull man huh?"

I shot her a warning glare as she raised her both arms in the air in defeat.

"Alright! Alright! That's a soft spot. I know. My fault," she said then clears her throat. "Anyway, kaya ako napunta dito para mag-offer sa'yo ng isang business deal."

"And what is it?"

"Well, you still have your fifty percent shares on this company as the sole founder and major stock holder."

"And?"

"And..." she said as she starts to make tiny walks on top of my desk using her fingers until it reached the hem of my coat then plays with it. "I want to buy your share also and have a full control on this company."

"That is absurb—"

"Actually no, Mister Mondragon," she said in my midsentence as she stopped playing with my coat using her fingers. "That's your beneficiary."

"And on what part of that deal is beneficiary to me?" I mocked.

"Everything. I will pay for your loses in exchange of your shares. In that way, the company will be saved from bankruptcy and can still continue producing products under a new management of course."

"I won't let you have my company."

"At sino ba nagsabi sa'yo na kukunin ko 'to sa'yo?" she said as she stand up and walks on my positon, beside me and she starts caressing my hair. "Bibilhin ko lang sa'yo pero ikaw pa rin naman ang CEO. Bale uutang ka lang muna sa akin sandali at kapag may pambayad ka na ulit sa mga nagastos ko, you can buy back the company to me. We're friends. And I am keeping my word, Mister Trojan Mondragon."