Chapter 8: "You're wearing blue."

Chapter 8

We stepped into the fair as the smell of stale popcorn and cotton candy filled my nostrils. I saw a kissing booth and suddenly had an idea, a smile curling onto my face.

I dragged Jack over to it, pushing him to the side as I waited in line. A hot guy with dark hair and blue eyes was sitting on a stool behind the booth, next to a girl whose shirt was a tad too low.

"You're seriously going to do this?" Jack asked. I smirked. My plan was already working.

"Why yes, I am," I stated. "It's for a good cause!" I pointed to the sign above it that said it was to raise money for some cancer society. In reality, I just wanted to see how jealous Jack would get. I couldn't wait to see his face. A few minutes later, I sat on the stool across from the guy. I handed him the two dollars it cost as his eyes examined me.

We leaned forward at the same time and I closed my eyes. Our lips met and moved in sync, while I held back a smirk. A few moments later, I finally pulled away. The guy who I'd kissed looked dazed, and I smirked, hopping up from the stool.

"Bye," I said, attempting to be flirty and waving a little. I skipped over to Jack, and I had to say his face was absolutely priceless.

His arms were crossed over his chest, his hands clenched into fists so hard that his knuckles were white. His face was set in a scowl directed towards the guy, and his face was red with anger. When he finally looked at me, his gaze softened.

"Why did you do that?" he asked. I shrugged.

"I wanted to see how you'd react," I admitted. His arms dropped to his sides and he gaped at me. I gave him an innocent smile before grabbing his hand and dragging him towards a concession stand. I had started to get hungry, even though I'd eaten not that long ago.

"What do you want?" a girl asked. She looked bored, but perked up when she saw Jack as her eyes greedily raked his body. Her limp brown hair was pulled back into a ponytail, and her shirt was too small for her. Not that it was too low, it more was like she didn't have clothes that fit, although she was already pretty small.

"Two hot dogs, an order of cheese fries and a large Coke," I said, looking at the menu. I turned to Jack with a smile. "Do you want something?" He smirked but rolled his gorgeous brown eyes at me.

Wait, did I just call his eyes gorgeous? I mentally slapped myself.

"Just a hot dog and a medium Coke," he said to the girl, then looked at me. "Why did you just slap yourself?" Oh, fiddle sticks.

"I, uh...."

"Here you go," the girl said, pushing forward our order. I grabbed my food, somehow carrying it all in my arms to the condiments. Jack followed after paying, and put ketchup on his hot dog.

"You sure do eat a lot," he commented. I glared.

"You shouldn't talk about a girl's weight," I stated. He rolled his eyes.

"I didn't say anything about your weight, you're so little anyways," he said. "I just said that you eat a lot. But that's okay, I think it's hot when a girl can eat that much but stay skinny." He smiled genuinely at me. This time it was I who rolled my eyes.

I picked up a hot dog and shoved half of it in my mouth. I chewed it and swallowed it as Jack gave me a weird look. I put ketchup and mustard on the rest of it and my other hot dog, then made my way towards the picnic tables. Jack sat across from me, still acting as though I had just murdered a village or something.

"What are you looking at, punk?" I questioned, shoving the other half of the hot dog in my mouth. I started on my cheese fries as he finally began to eat his own hot dog. He took a small, delicate bite, and I tried to hold in my laughter. The way we ate should've been reversed; I was the pig and he was the one who seemed to be watching his weight.