Chapter 6: "I wanna go kill Cheerios!"

Chapter 6

“Can I have a pet goose?”

I sighed through my nose.

“Kaylyn, are you going to keep asking that?” I questioned.

“Yes!” she cried. Unfortunately, still three hours after her surgery, she was still pretty much on a high. I think the doctor gave her way too much laughing gas or whatever it was.

“You can’t have a goose.”

“WHAT?!” I looked at her and her lip started quivering, her eyes becoming shiny. Tears slipped out of her eyes and soon she was sobbing.

“Kaylyn! What’s wrong?” I asked as she put her face into her hands, sobbing loudly.

“I-I ju-just wanted a go-goose!” she sobbed. I sighed and looked at the ceiling.

“I’ll get you a goose,” I said, looking back at her. Her head snapped up, her eyes searching my face, suddenly not crying anymore.

“You will?” she asked quietly with her sparkling grey eyes wide.

“Yes,” I sighed.

“Promise?” she said, looking like a lost puppy.

“I promise,” I said.

“Yes!” she said, adding plenty of extra s’s. “I’m putting a note in my phone so I don’t forget!” Dang it. I had said yes because she wouldn’t remember.

“Do I have to get you a goose?” I whined. Kaylyn scowled at me.

“Yes,” she said firmly. I sighed dramatically. “I wanna go kill Cheerios now!” I looked at her as though she were crazy, but she ignored me.

Kaylyn suddenly perked up and turned on her tv. We were in her room again, after walking up to a park and her swinging on the old swings.

“What are we watching?” I asked. She had flipped the channel about a billion times until she finally settled on a cartoon.

“THE SMURFS!” she cried. I flinched away from her at the random yelling, my eyes wide.

“Okay then,” I said slowly, scooting away from her a little bit on the bed. She noticed, and hurt came onto her face.

“Do I smell?” she asked, looking like a sad little puppy again.

“No, no, you don’t!” I assured her. “You’re just really loud!” She grinned wildly and looked at the tv. I tried to watch it, but I couldn’t really tell what the little blue things were trying to accomplish.

When the episode was over, she flicked the tv off, then abruptly stood up.

“What are you doing?” I questioned. She started walking to her desk and sat in the chair.

“Nothing,” she said innocently as she pulled out a piece of paper and a sharpie. She began drawing on the paper, so I got up and went to see what it was.

“Kaylyn! How could you?!” I cried, feigning shock. I was actually quite amused. The paper was actually a picture of me, and she was drawing horns and a tail on me. Plus, a creepy mustache.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about!” she exclaimed and tried to cover it up. I started tickling her sides, causing her to erupt into giggles, and fall on the floor. She scowled as I sat at her desk and admired the corruption of my picture.

I suddenly felt Kaylyn running her hands through my hair. Well, not exactly that, more like pulling it. 

“What are you doing now?” I asked.