[30] Happily Ever After

"I can't believe that we've been engaged for almost four months," Luke inhaled the mild night air, staring out over the city. Street lamps and lights that shone through open windows from family homes lit up the darkness, the sky littered with stars.

Calum smiled, gently running the backs of his fingers down Luke's face. "It doesn't even feel like a week ago that I proposed."

"And it all comes down to tomorrow," Luke added, feeling the warmth emitted from his fiancé beside him. "I'm not gonna be a Hemmings anymore, it all seems so surreal."

Although it was dark and neither could see each other's facial expressions clearly, Luke had come to know the billionaire so well he could tell by the way his shoulders tensed that he was frowning. "What's wrong?"

"You're never going to stop being a Hemmings, Luke. Who you are isn't going to change, only who you are to me."

The blond opened his mouth to speak but quickly closed it again, considering a response. "Hemmings was alway my dad's name, you know? And even though me and mum kept it, it never felt right. I'm not anything like my dad, I understand better than most that circumstance can make people take desperate steps to ensure their own survival, but abandonment of family? That's not me."

"So you're glad to be losing it?"

"I don't know," Luke sighed, and Calum understood. He too knew how it felt to not belong, to find shame in a name that stood for so much more than what he was capable of ever achieving. It was a lot of pressure to have on your shoulders.

Calum turned to Luke, reaching for his hand and intertwining their fingers. "None of that matters anymore, okay? Tomorrow we get married, it's about moving on from the past and starting a new life, together."

Luke nodded, resting his head on the billionaire's shoulder. Despite his attempts to convince himself otherwise, he knew Calum was right.

They were finally going to get their happily ever after.

For so long Luke had been afraid of loneliness, being trapped in the never-ending cycle known as his terrible life. He still dreamt about how his mum once tucked him in every night, planting a kiss on his forehead and telling him that none of it was his fault.

But Luke couldn't help but believe it was, his parents had been happy before he was in the picture, things had only gone downhill since then. It wasn't even knowing he was to blame that was the worst problem, it was thinking that he deserved all that was happening as a result.

Everything that was going on now? Luke still didn't think it was right, there was no reason for him to be rewarded in such a way that he might actually spend the rest of his life happy. But Calum was all that he'd ever wanted and more, he couldn't just throw it all away to satisfy his own self-doubt could he?

"We should go back inside," Calum hummed, climbing shakily to his feet and avoiding looking down. "People have probably started to look for us, we've been gone for quite a while now."

Luke grinned and nodded, following Calum's actions. "Missing from our own stag night? Nothing surprises me anymore."

Inside was chaos, to say the least.

Neither of the two exactly had large numbers of friends, but it wasn't difficult to find people willing to get drunk and party hard just for the sake of it. Especially when the bill was being paid for by a billionaire.

There ended up being forty or so young men crammed into a small bar, Luke having decided on intimacy over personal space. The mixed stench of alcohol and sweat hovered in the air, and as soon as the two walked back into the room, they were reminded of exactly why they had gone out for some fresh air in the first place.

"I think we should go home," Luke yelled, barely audible over the ridiculously loud music and drunken laughter. "It's almost midnight."

"Come on, we can't go home this early. What happened to tradition?"

"Tradition? What about this is at all traditional? We have so few friends that we had to have a joint stag night and you've put enough money into the bar to kill half the town of alcohol poisoning."

Calum pouted. "Point made, let's go."

Stepping out onto the street was refreshing for the both of them, and the noise from the bar eventually faded to silence as they made their way back home.

"That was interesting," Luke chuckled as he closed the front door, removing his jacket and throwing his keys on the side.

Calum collapsed onto the sofa, pulling the blond onto his lap. "You know what would have made it even better?"

"Let me guess, a stripper?"

"You know me so well."

"Well I am marrying you tomorrow," Luke pressed his lips against Calum's, reluctant to pull away even when out of breath. They fell backwards, the billionaire landing on top of the blond with their chests resting together.

"Oh god, you're so beautiful Luke. How the hell was I lucky enough to end up with you?"

Luke chuckled. "I honestly have no idea, but how about we don't do this on the sofa? It smells of your feet."

"Bedroom sounds good to me," Calum grinned, scooping the blond up into his arms and carrying him into the adjacent room. Their two wedding suits were hung up side by side on the front of the wardrobe, identical white roses positioned in the pockets so the tops peeked out. They were perfectly ironed and without creases thanks to Luke's mum.

Calum dropped Luke on the bed and straddled over him, grabbing a handful of his hair and moulding their lips together once again. It was so natural now, but not any less passionate than the first kiss they ever shared.

Luke lifted his head so that his mouth was inches from Calum's ear. "I'm never going to get used to this, but I love it every time. I love you."

~~~~~~~

A/n: I suck I really suck I'm sorry this took so long but I can't seem to write anything anymore it all just turns out really bad

I did see all time low on Thursday though and that was literally the best night of my life, anyone else been to see them?

It seemed stupid to end this on 29 chapters so I apologise for this being a filler, the wedding and such will be in the epilogue so all you lovely people have a load more of my terrible writing to look forward to lmao

Thank you! xx