[12] His Star

Once Calum had calmed down, and his face returned to it's normal colour, Luke realised that he had absolutely no reason to be mad. It was all just a misunderstanding which could be easily straightened out if tackled in the correct way. Of course, that part itself was bound to come with several complications and a whole load of awkwardness.

"Well why can't you just explain everything to your mum? Tell her that she got the wrong idea, that we're friends?" Luke asked, he was confused as to why Calum hadn't already tried.

"She wouldn't listen, you saw what my mum is like. If she thinks something is going on, then nothing that we could possibly say would convince her otherwise."

Luke sighed. "What is going on?"

"Whatever you want to be going on," Calum replied simply, which made the blond stop and think before answering. Did he want something to be going on between him and Calum? Something more than just friends? He had admitted and accepted that he liked him, but that didn't mean they had to make their relationship official or take things any further, who knows how people would react. It wouldn't all be support, that was for sure. Calum was a billionaire, and Luke? Luke was just Luke, nothing special.

What about Calum's parents? It was quite obvious that they didn't like the possibility that their son was in love with someone they hadn't specifically picked out for him, what would they say if it came out they were dating?

Just because his mum was accepting didn't mean that all were.

It didn't help that they were opposites, Calum had an unlimited amount of money and everything he wanted. Luke, however, didn't. And he still got so easily annoyed by Calum's attitude, but he would never make him change. No, Luke wasn't like that.

But he still failed to come up with a suitable answer.

So he sighed and looked at the ground, Calum immediately understanding his doubts, because he too had them. It wasn't as simple as it seemed, if they rushed things then there would undoubtedly be complications later on. But if they took things too slow then they might not even last. Both were willing to do anything to make sure that they did.

Luke could feel Calum's gaze on him, as he shifted awkwardly and gulped. He wanted an answer, if not that then he just wanted the blond to say something.

Thankfully, Luke's mum called them into the kitchen before he could, as she had made them dinner. At first, Calum explained that he should probably head home before his mum got too worried, but both Luke and his mum insisted that he stayed until he finally gave in.

"I'm sorry it's nothing special," she said sadly, "but I had a couple of frozen pizzas and thought they would be okay."

Calum smiled and took the seat besides Luke, "it's fine Mrs Hemmings, I love pizza."

Luke was relieved by his polite reaction, it would have been so much more awkward if Calum had made a sarcastic comment or something. But when the plates of pizza were placed on in the middle of the table in front of them, he was the first to reach for. Luke grinned at his mum, who grinned back, delighted that Calum wasn't bothered by the cheap meal.

"This is really good, thank you," he said once he had finished his mouth full of food. Luke's mum nodded and smiled, turning around and beginning to wash up.

Calum continued eating, grabbing another slice of pizza and taking a massive bite into it. Luke had stopped by this point, his food uneaten on his plate as he watched Calum carefully.

He'd never had the chance to take in every detail of him before, the way his eyes crinkled when he smiled or how his face lit up when he laughed. It was amazing how, despite his imperfections, Calum was perfect. Because all of Calum's flaws and imperfections were so beautiful to Luke.

It actually scared him, how infatuated with Calum he had become. How desperate he was to call Calum his. Saying the wrong thing or acting the wrong way could ruin everything, and there was way too much at risk.

Since his dad had walked out, Luke had been constantly worried about how to stay on top of things. With his job, responsibilities at home, and always wanting to look after his mum, it had been forever since Luke had put his well-being before that of someone else. But after meeting Calum that all changed, he suddenly became obsessed over what he wanted and nothing else.

Because he wanted Calum. He wanted Calum so much.

He wanted to feel Calum's arms wrapped securely around his torso, for him to litter his neck with delicate kisses and whisper sweet things in his ear. Luke wanted to hear the beat of Calum's heart as his head rested against his chest, falling asleep in his warm embrace. He wanted to wake up every morning next to the beautiful boy, the sun seeping through the curtains and lighting up his body like the star he was.

His star.

~~~~~~~

A/n: I GOT SO MANY FEELS WRITING THE END OF THIS CHAPTER I HOPE YOU DID TOO OMG

This chapter was the shortest yet and not greatly written but I haven't really had much time to write recently and I hate not being able to update much :/

Buuuuuut I'm getting so many reads and votes on this so thank you thank you thank you!

Sorry for half of this being a filler but I hope you enjoyed :) xx