[8] Business

Friday came around quicker than anyone could've possibly imagined, so when Luke's mum left to go to work in the early hours of the morning, the blond spent the start of his day off planning ahead. She would return home at lunch time to pick him up, and they would both then spend the afternoon at her workplace. He had to look perfect for Calum, as well as not embarrassing for his mum.

Knowing that he had already worn his only relatively smart shirt and not wanting to wear it out again, Luke wandered into the attic to look through some of the old stuff his dad had left behind. Stuffed boxes littered the floor, cobwebs hanging from the ceiling and a thick layer of dust coating everything.

No one had been up there for a while, so it can't have been cleaned for years. Luke carefully walked through the mess and picked up the one labelled 'clothes,' blowing off the dust and then choking on the cloud that formed in front of him.

"Let's see what we have in here," he murmured to himself, ripping the tape carelessly off the top of the box and peering inside. And inside was exactly what had been indicated; clothes. Some of it was unwearable, either dirty or damaged, and others were too big or too small for him.

But right at the bottom was exactly the kind of thing he had been looking for. A nearly folded suit and tie, seeming barely worn. As he opened it up, he found a photo frame positioned safely inside. He blinked repeatedly to hold back the tears, seeing that the photo was from his parents' wedding day where his dad was wearing the same suit that he currently held in his hands. The four-year-old version of himself stood happily in front, without a care in the world. How he wished he could go back.

Luke carefully placed the framed photo back into the box with the other clothes, but chose to keep out the suit. He was completely aware that his mum would recognise it, but maybe that would be enough for them both to move on and forget about the past. To start over.

He rushed to his room to put it on, smiling sheepishly at his reflection when he realised how perfect it looked on him. Luke headed downstairs at just the right time, he heard his mums keys in the door and her happy voice telling him that it was time to go.

"Nice suit," she whispered sadly as she started up the car, "I forgot that we still had that old thing upstairs."

"I just want to look nice for you mum," he shrugged, "I mean we have no idea who I might end up talking to."

"You don't have to talk to him if you don't want to, Luke," she said, "your little 'meet up' the other day obviously didn't go too well. Oh and about that, you're grounded this weekend."

Luke sighed, he had known that last part was coming. "It was Calum's fault that it went so badly though mum, he was the one who walked away, not me. If he still wants to be friends then I guess we can try and work something out, but if not then that is that."

She nodded, entirely understanding how complicated being in love can be. Yes, love. To her, it was easy to see that Luke was different when he spoke about Calum, she knew him better than anyone. And although neither of the boys quite realised it yet, she secretly knew they were in love.

When they arrived they hopped out the car and walked towards the entrance, Luke looking desperately around for Calum but failing to spot him. It was empty outside, so it was clear that he wasn't waiting for Luke to show up. He felt immediately guilty for expecting so much, there would be no point in waiting outside when they could meet inside just minutes later. And anyway, he probably had much more interesting things to be getting on with.

"Hun, I need to go and find someone, okay? You can do whatever you want for the next half an hour or so, but don't walk too far or you'll get lost."

Luke nodded, and watched his mum walk towards the elevator. A man was stood holding the door open for her, and he remembered that it was the same man that was talking to her at the party before. He caught them smile at each other before the door closed.

For the first few minutes, Luke sat patiently on a bench by the door, deciding on what to do. But before he could, however, he felt a strangely familiar hand on his shoulder.

"Hello, Mr Hemmings," Calum stated seriously, sticking out his hand which Luke reluctantly shook, "it's so nice of you to join us this morning. Would you like me to take you on a quick tour around the building?"

"Calum what are you-"

"Please follow me, Sir." He began to walk down a corridor, leaving Luke with little choice but to follow. But he was confused as to why Calum's personality was constantly changing. The first time they met, he was showing off and trying to be funny, the second time meaningful and deep, and now the third as though he was he was an established business owner. Luke didn't know which he liked most.

The blond frowned and looked nervously around, seeing that they had reached a dead end with only an individual door in front of them. Luke squealed when when someone shoved him inside, and before he could protest the door was closed and locked.

"Sorry bout that," Calum chuckled, "if my parents saw me acting in any way other than professional, they would take away my car."

"So the 'tour' thing was so that we could be alone together?"

Calum's face went a dark shade of red, so Luke assumed that the answer was yes.

But Luke wasn't quite done with the questions, "why did you walk off and leave me the other day?"

"Cause you were being stubborn."

"Yeah, and that totally makes perfect sens-"

But before he was able to finish the sentence, Calum's lips were pressed against his own. He was so shocked that he broke the kiss and stumbled backwards, eyes wide with surprise. Calum stood there, laughing. "C'mon, don't tell me you didn't want that."

Luke was speechless, still standing there and staring at him. Because, he did want that.

~~~~~~~

A/n: CAKE KISS HELL YEAH

I updated again because I'm bored and avoiding socialising with weird Spanish people (if you're Spanish then I apologise, I'm sure you're not all weird) so thaaaaanks for reading xx