[1] The Party

"Luke, stop asking so many questions," she chuckled at her son, silencing yet another of his many interrogative outbursts. Sitting in the taxi had proved too boring for the blond, who had decided to find out as much as possible about the birthday boy. His name was Calum, 19 years old, an only child who lived with his parents and was homeschooled by a private tutor.

Despite his initial thoughts, Luke was desperate to meet Calum. Partly because the idea of spending an entire evening with a large number of adults getting drunk and pretending to like each other didn't sound overly appealing, but also because he seemed like a fairly interesting guy.

As they neared their final destination, Luke's hands found themselves pressed against the window and his mouth hanging open in awe as the taxi pulled into a long gravel driveway that lead towards a mansion. The door was large and wooden and reminded Luke of a castle, and he could count at least 5 floors.

There were lots of cars already parked outside, and several people walking around and greeting others by the door. No wonder so many had been invited along, these people were rich.

Once the taxi had stopped moving, Luke quickly jumped out to help his mum, and minutes later the driver left, leaving the two stood hand-in-hand facing the mansion.

"Are you ready?" She asked him, smiling in a way that told Luke she was very nervous. She had every right to be.

He squeezed her hand reassuringly and sighed. "As ready as I'll ever be."

They walked slowly towards the door, held open by two men in white shirts with black bow ties. They had butlers? The more friendly looking one smiled at his mum as they walked past, whilst the other stared at Luke with a look of disgust. He gripped his mums hand tighter.

As they entered the place, they walked towards the woman stood in the centre of the room. This must be mums boss, thought Luke.

"Ah," the woman paused, frowning as she struggled to remember her employees name, but eventually giving up, "I'm so glad that you and your son could make it."

"Thank you, Mrs Hood."

They hugged and kissed as though they had known each other all of their lives, but Luke knew that there was no kind of relationship between them, it was strictly work based. Hell, she didn't even know his mums name. The woman nodded at Luke, who still stood very closely to his mother.

That was when Luke saw him.

A slightly tanned boy with dark hair and a cute smile, peering out from behind the woman who Luke now realised must be his mother. He turned his gaze towards Luke, their eyes meeting before the boy blushed awkwardly and quickly looked away.

Luke didn't know what it was, but there was suddenly a weird feeling in the pit of his stomach, and he couldn't stop looking at him. But he got pulled himself together and took a deep breath, sticking out his right hand.

"Luke."

The boy glanced up, fixing the eye contact that had been momentarily broken. He smiled and took Luke's hand, shaking it firmly.

"Calum."

But then a man was beside them, Luke only catching a quick "come on, son," and before Luke had the chance to say another thing, Calum was being lead away by his parents.

"I see you met the birthday boy," his mum said to him, "I knew you'd like him. I'm sure you'll be great friends."

"I hope so," Luke replied, still unable to process the thoughts running tirelessly through his mind, "I really hope so."

Next thing he knew, music started softly playing, and a man from within the crowd began speaking nonsense into a microphone. His mum seemed invested in a conversation with a man in the corner of the room, and a large group of people had gathered around the main food table.

Luke could hear glasses clinking everywhere, drunken laughter occasionally erupting nearby. He wasn't surprised by this, as although he felt out of place being young, the atmosphere was exactly how he had expected. Of course, he had plans of his own.

He began to make his way through the swarms of people, constantly muttering 'excuse me's' and 'thank you's' despite knowing that no one was paying any attention to him. Luke wasn't very sure where he was going, the mansion was massive and there were probably hundreds of rooms. Not to mention the butlers, who he doubted would appreciate some random kid snooping around the place.

But Luke had to find him.

The question was how, it wasn't like he could just call his name and expect the boy to jump out from behind a wall or door. So he kept looking, getting excited whenever he saw someone with dark hair but then frowning upon discovering he was back to square one and his expectations were far too high.

"Are you okay?" A fellow guest asked kindly, upon noticing the disappointed and confused expression plastered onto Luke's face. "You look lost."

"Thank you Sir, but I'm just looking for someone," he responded as politely as possible, smiling gratefully. The man nodded, taking a glass of champagne from one of the many trays and continuing on.

So, Luke was stuck again.

But not for long.

Whilst turning around, with the intention to head back in the direction he had just come from, Luke felt a steady hand on his shoulder. A smile crept onto his face when he realised who it was, sighing with relief. "Calum."

~~~~~~~

A/n: this is sucky and all over the place but I had no idea how to write a party scene since I don't socialise and I'm just generally not good at first chapters :/ stick around and it will hopefully get a bit better?

If you liked it I guess you could vote and comment and haha thanks I love you guys :) xx