[27] A New Beginning

Luke didn't know what he expected to see, but certainly not what he did.

The three heads snapped up, their faces falling at the sight of the blond stood at the door. Michael immediately shrunk back, blaming himself for allowing it to happen and preparing for the others to blame him, too.

Calum was the first to jump up, grabbing a shocked Luke by the wrist and pulling him out of the house. He waited for his boyfriend to say something, but when he didn't, Calum did. "You weren't supposed to see that."

Luke laughed internally, but couldn't force it past his lips. "I guessed."

"You don't want to know what's going on?" Calum asked, face masked with confusion as to why Luke was so calm about the entire situation. Especially since it had been so little time since Calum last went behind his back.

Luke raised his eyebrows. "Are you kidding? Calum, I'd just love to know why you were handing over that much cash to my mother! There must have been what, a couple of million there?"

"Okay so you do," Calum sighed, "I can explain, I promise."

Luke crossed his arms across his chest. "Well go on then."

"I bought your mum a house."

Luke choked. Calum looked slightly concerned to start with because it seemed the blond genuinely couldn't breath, but eventually began to find it quite amusing.

"Y-you did w-what?"

Calum smiled sadly. "She was reluctant to agree originally, she didn't want to leave the home that she had watched her son grow up in. So much happened there for you both and I understand, I really do. But it's falling apart Luke, you can't live there much longer and I know that you know it."

Luke looked at Calum with sad eyes, suddenly feeling vulnerable. He never looked at it like that, because he only ever saw it as enough.

Calum continued. "It's not safe, it's not healthy, and you're haunted constantly by the things that happened there. You sometimes mumble about it in your sleep."

Luke nodded slowly, allowing Calum to embrace him for a hug with open arms. It was the most reassurance he could have asked for, just knowing that he was there for him no matter what. "So where's the new house? When do we move in?"

"I'll show you soon, it's not far from here. Your mum can move in any time from now, I've given her enough money to pay off the rest of the cost."

"So when do I move in?" Luke was confused.

"You don't."

Luke started laughing, somehow finding it hilarious. Calum furrowed his eyebrows, as the blond clutched at his stomach to keep his breathing steady. "So, what? Calum, you're not making any sense. You've just told me I can't stay here, but, I can't leave either?"

Calum grinned. "I didn't say that."

"So what are you trying to say?"

"What I'm trying to say," Calum struggled to contain his excitement, "is that you're going to move in with me."

Yet again, a statement Luke was clueless as to how to react to.

Happy? He wasn't going to be living in a cramped, dirty house that smelt permanently bad and made him wish that he might not wake up one morning. He could live with the love of his life that meant everything to him, enjoying the life of a billionaire in a house the size of those he used to watch on TV as a kid.

Sad? Scared? Angry? Calum could have told him, let him think it over instead of deciding it all himself. And his family hated Luke, in fact neither of them had spoken to them since Calum left entirely out of the blue, how the hell was it going to work?

He shook his head. "Calum, I don't think I can. I mean I love your house bu-"

"When did I ever say anything about my house?" Calum interrupted.

"Can you stop with all the riddles!" Luke threw his hands up in frustration. "I don't understand anything that you're trying to say. You're constantly contradicting yourself and messing with my head, can you please just explain this to me?"

Calum leaned forward and pressed his lips to Luke's forehead. He then cupped his face in his hands, locking their eyes. "I didn't only buy a house for your mum. I bought a house for us, too."

Luke's words caught in the back of his throat, and his sudden sharp intake of breath was enough to make Calum smile. "It'll be a new beginning. Just the two of us, in our own place. We can do everything we ever wanted and more."

Luke stared at Calum with a longing look of affection, struggling to comprehend what was being said to him. He couldn't have been more grateful, it all felt so surreal. Someone was giving him a chance to put everything behind him, move on from the past and finally begin to learn who he is.

And more importantly, that someone was Calum.

"Calum I, I don't know what to say."

Calum rested his head against Luke's, their faces close enough to feel the warmth of each other's breath against their cheeks. "Just say yes."

Luke allowed his lips to hover over Calum's for a moment, the skin on skin contact enough to make them both feel the desire emitting from their bodies. Their lips moulded against each other, and Calum subconsciously ran his fingers through Luke's messy hair.

Luke pulled away, slightly breathless. "Yes."

Their time alone together was shortly interrupted by those who had remained inside the house, but everything was so different when Luke and Calum walked back inside, their hands entwined.

It wasn't going to be a home for much longer, to neither of them. Luke was losing the only place he had ever known, and over the past few months even Calum had come to call the place his home. It was more of a home than any other place he'd ever been.

But they were happy. It was all they'd ever wanted, as though their dreams were finally coming true.

Luke had always feared the day that he would lose his home, because he felt he would always be lost without it.

But he had a new home now. One he was never going to lose. And that was worth the world.

~~~~~~~

A/n: I had motivation to write because my mum bought me this big ass bear today

I was walking through the town centre with it in my arms (it's literally massive) and I got so many awkward looks lmao I'm a mature 15 year old I promise

So yeah I hope this was okay! It's coming to an end soon and I'm gonna be so sad to let it go but I'm gonna try and make it good for you guys :)

Thanks so much for all the support ily xx