[11] Rebellious Teens

Luke had agreed to go into work on Saturday morning, despite the fact that he usually had the weekend off. He had decided to call the librarian and arrange a change in his timetable, someone still had to work that day, and Luke was desperate to get out of the house. Being stuck inside for only a night had made him feel trapped, it almost seemed like the four walls were closing in on him and he hated it.

Maybe everything would brush over. Luke would go to the library and work, forgetting all the things that were happening in his life. He didn't need to think about anything but the children, getting lost in the world of a story book like he always managed to do. He could talk to the five and six-year-olds without a care in the world, perhaps learn from them.

Luke didn't need to think about Calum. He wouldn't.

He left the house whilst his mum was cleaning the kitchen, and made his way towards the library as though it was any other, normal day. Because he was determined to make sure this day was nothing but normal.

However the moment that he walked into the library, smiling wide and expecting smiles in return, he knew his day would be everything but that.

Firstly, the kids that went to the library for storytime on a Saturday were not the same kids who went on a weekday. That meant that Luke knew none of their names, or how to control them as a boy named Billy later proved. He was also upset when he didn't receive his daily hug from Bethany.

Then there was the librarian. Saturday was the day that the nice other lady got time off, but that meant that Luke had to deal with being constantly yelled at for making too much noise. Although he was making no more noise than usual, and it was impossible to make sure all the kids heard the story if he was speaking too quietly, he didn't particularly fancy arguing with her.

Saturday just wasn't his day, was it?

When the story was finished and all the children were gone, Luke was straight out the door. He really didn't want to spend any more time in there than was neccessary, and he had definitely decided he would stick to working on weekdays. Of course, it had done the job, he hadn't thought about anything but work all day.

On any other day of the week, Luke would have gone straight home from the library. But since the day had decided it didn't want to be like any other day, he chose to go and get a coffee instead. He arrived home two hours later, to a messy house and very panicked mother.

"Where were you? You should have been home ages ago!" She yelled at him the minute he stepped through the door.

He held up his hands in defense. "I went to get coffee. Geez, mum, I'm eighteen and I can go wherever I want."

"I know, I'm sorry," she sighed, "I just get so worried. Calum tried to call you so many times but you didn't pick up, so I thought something bad had happened to you."

"Don't worry I'm fi - wait Calum?"

She nodded and pointed towards the living room, Luke running immediately into the room and nearly dying of fright when he saw Calum sitting casually on the sofa.

Despite previously agreeing with himself that he wouldn't, Luke flung himself at him and buried his head into his shoulder. Calum wrapped his hands tightly around Luke's torso, holding the blond like his life depended on it.

"I missed you so much," Luke mumbled into his shirt.

Calum couldn't help but laugh slightly, although still not letting go. "We saw each other yesterday."

Luke moved his head away so that he would be easier to understand, and Calum removed his hands before pulling Luke down next to him on the sofa. "I don't care," Luke forwned, "I didn't think I was ever going to see you again."

"What can I say, I'm a rebel."

Luke's mum stood awkwardly by the door, occasionally letting an 'aww' slip as she stared at the two boys with interest. When they both turned to look at her, she apologised and left.

"But why?" Luke questioned, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Why am I such a rebel?" Calum smirked, but when he noticed Luke's glare, he immediately knew what the blond was referring to. "Okay, um, how do I explain this. Well, my mum might have gotten the wrong idea about something I said to her?"

Luke looked on with curiosity, encouraging Calum to continue.

"Fine," Calum sighed dramatically, "well it's kinda embarrassing but I think you should know. She was talking about this girl that she made me meet the other day, about how nice she was and everything, you know just the normal mother and son kind of chats. My mum was trying to get me to talk to her again, and I may or may not have accidently referred to this girl by your name?"

"Are you calling me a girl?"

"No no no of course not!" Calum rambled, "it just got really awkward and my dad said something about condoms so I just couldn't stop thinking about... well... you."

Luke stared at him, mouth practically hanging open in shock, while Calum's cheeks turned a bright red.

"So now I'm a condom?"

~~~~~~~

A/n: oh my god... the ending... do I laugh or cry? If no one found that funny then I am so changing it because I'm not a naturally funny person so this could end really akwardly oh my god I'm sorry

Anyway, updates are good right?

I hope this was good, see you all next chapter :p x