[20] Kisses (+Bromance Awards!!)

Calum looked over at Luke, soft snores escaping from his slightly parted lips as the sunlight crept through the curtains.

He still couldn't quite believe any of it was real, the most beautiful boy in the world asleep in front of him. Calum knew he hadn't always been the best boyfriend to Luke, and he hated himself so much for that, but somehow it had all finally started to work out.

He wasn't ever going to let anyone take Luke away from him, despite expectations Calum had never been in a serious relationship before and he couldn't even begin to imagine what he would do if he lost him. It was almost as though he had become dependant on his affection, it was the only thing keeping his feet on the ground.

Calum had done a lot of things in his life that he regretted, but Luke certainly wasn't one of them.

Luke began to stir now, groaning and burying his head deep into the pillow. Although still half asleep, he pulled the covers tighter around himself, fidgeting underneath them. Calum couldn't help but laugh at how cute the blond looked curled up and sleepy, but it came out louder than expected and Luke groaned again.

"Let me sleep," he mumbled almost inaudibly, his raspy morning voice muffled by the pillow.

But Calum couldn't do that.

Luke's head shot up, his hair flat and sticking out in places as he gave the billionaire a deadly glare. "You did not just poke me."

"What are you going to do about it, Hemmings?"

After what felt like an hour of fingers in unwanted places (a/n: poking, okay. Poking), screams of pain and excitement, and a lot of Luke complaining about how Calum was 'supposed to love him,' they both lay exhausted and sweating on the bed.

"I just woke up, and now I'm tired again," Luke huffed, wincing as he rolled over and pain shot through his lower back.

Calum laughed and kissed him softly on the forehead. "Sorry about that, but it was worth it."

The blond grinned, nodding his head slowly in agreement. Luke grabbed a pair of clean boxers from the drawer beside him and managed to get them on under the cover. He swung his legs around to the side of the bed, but before his bare feet could make contact with the ground, Calum jumped across the sheets and swept Luke up in his arms.

He shrieked as he was suddenly lifted, but then relaxed in Calum's grip as the older boy carried him bridal style out of their bedroom and towards the kitchen.

"I'm oddly surprised that this place has a kitchen, I mean have you ever even cooked something before?" Luke questioned, curious yet excited as to how Calum was going to respond.

"Well I've tried to cook something before."

He raised his eyebrows. "And what happened?"

"I burnt the kitchen down."

"That, however, doesn't surprise me," Luke laughed, wrapping his arms around Calum's neck and burying his head into his shoulder, "but I love you no matter how many things you've burnt down."

"Well I'm not listing them, there's too many to count," Calum grinned, placing Luke down on the sofa and wandering into the kitchen. He stopped suddenly and turned his head around. "I see you looking."

Luke blushed, diverting his gaze. "How can I not look, you're not wearing any clothes."

Calum laughed and continued walking, heading for a small cupboard above the sink. "Do pancakes sound good, love? I think I can remember how to make them and I promise I'll try not to kill us both."

"Pancakes sound amazing," Luke replied happily, making his own way into the kitchen and attempting to hide the small limp in his step.

He wrapped his arms around Calum's bare waist from behind, watching over his shoulder as the oil began to sizzle in the frying pan.

It was one of those things that was so small but meant so much. Luke had always dreamed of this moment, being able to call someone his. The circumstances were like nothing he could have ever imagined, and he still struggled to believe it now, but it had ended up perfectly. Just the way he always wanted it to.

Luke was so preoccupied by his thoughts that what felt like seconds later, Calum removed the pan from the heat and took a small step backwards, a grin spread across his face. They counted down together, and then the pancake was in the air.

When it landed back in the pan, flat and seemingly fairly undamaged, Luke applauded. In all honestly, Calum looked like he was going to pass out from shock and it was clear that he had never successfully flipped a pancake before. He eventually bowed though, placing it on a plate and getting ready to do another.

By the end, only one had ended up on the floor, and they both saw that as a very good result. They looked and smelled delicious, and Luke had never been so grateful for anything in his whole life.

Calum then began to tidy away, and Luke decided to help by doing the washing up. As the hot water burned slightly against his hands, he felt Calum's lips leaving a trail of gentle kisses along his spine. He shivered despite not being cold, it was such an amazing feeling and he never wanted it to end.

"I love you so much Luke, you're so beautiful."

~~~~~~~

A/n: GUYS. SOMEONE NOMINATED THIS FOR THE BROMANCE AWARDS OMG (thank you whoever that was ily) IM FREAKING OUT IVE NEVER BEEN NOMINATED FOR ANYTHING BEFORE

IT WOULD MEAN SO MUCH TO ME IF YOU COULD GO AND VOTE FOR THIS STORY. ITS ON kingsinbands PROFILE AND ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS GO TO THE CAKE PART AND COMMENT #d AND I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER

Even if no one votes for me it's so amazing I was even nominated so thank you to everyone who reads this I love you so much <3 have a nice day xx