[17] Up And Away

"Just grab anything that you might need for the week and we'll be out of here," Calum instructed, holding Luke's hand tightly as they walked up the driveway. There wasn't a door anymore so they walked straight in, a few police officers still lingering around in hopes of stumbling upon more evidence. But even they knew it was unlikely.

Luke nodded and hesitantly made his way upstairs, finding his room just how he had left it the previous day. The curtains were half drawn and his duvet was hanging off of the side of his mattress, unwashed clothes covering the dirty carpet.

He started gathering a few things, mostly clothes since he didn't own much else he was likely to need, and stuffed them into an old duffel bag that he doubted had even been touched for years.

The word 'holiday' wasn't exactly in the Hemmings' dictionary.

When he thought he had everything, Luke went back downstairs to find his mum stood by the wall with a full bag in her hands and his boyfriend smiling wider than he ever imagined possible.

Calum grabbed both of their bags and went outside, soon loading them both into the back of the taxi. "My stuff is already packed at my house, so all I have to do is sneak in without my parents noticing me to get it, and then we're all set."

"But," Luke frowned, "why is your stuff already packed? Did you know I would end up in hospital?"

Calum shook his head. "No, of course not. We were supposed to be on a date last night, and that was when I had planned on asking you to come away with me for a week, so everything was already prepared. Obviously things didn't quite turn out like that, but it still worked. I didn't know you'd say yes though, so that was more of a 'lets just hope and pray' situation."

Unsure on how else to react, Luke just nodded his head. They soon arrived at Calum's house, well more like mansion, and the billionaire quickly hopped out. "Stay here, I'll be back in a minute."

They did as they were told and sat silently in the taxi, watching as Calum ran towards the door.

Knowing that knocking or ringing the doorbell was far too risky, Calum fished the keys out of his pocket and slid them into the lock without a sound, carefully closing the door behind him.

It took him longer than expected to get to his bedroom, since the hallways were so much more crowded than normal and there were muffled voices coming from just around every corner. When he did finally get there, Calum grabbed the bag from his wardrobe and this time dashed straight to the exit, slipping out the front door as if he'd never been there at all.

Minutes later the taxi was pulling away to make its way towards the airport.
"Won't your parents notice that you're gone for a week though?" Luke asked, looking up at Calum who seemed slightly out of breath.

He laughed. "Yeah, but I doubt they'll care. I walk out a lot and don't go back for weeks sometimes, so I'm sure they won't worry about me."

Luke frowned and felt bad for mentioning it, Calum seemed happy about shrugging it off but that didn't mean it didn't hurt him. The rest of the ride was silent, and eventually the taxi pulled up outside the airport.

Liz, who the two lovebirds seemed to have forgotten was still there, began to get emotional. "I'm gonna miss you okay, Luke? Be really careful but enjoy yourself. I'll see you in a week honey, I love you."

"I'll be fine mum, I love you too," Luke said, embracing his mum and smiling warmly as he fought to withhold a tear.

They finally let go of one another, Calum reaching out his hand for Luke to take as he helped him out of the taxi. "Don't worry Mrs Hemmings, I promise I'll look after him for you."

"Thank you, Calum, and you can call me Liz. I'll see you both next next. Have fun!"

The two waved as the taxi pulled away, left standing on the side of the road with all their stuff. They began to make their way inside, and Luke went to join the queue to check in their flight but Calum stopped him.

"We don't line up there," he said, grabbing Luke's hand and gently pulling him in the opposite direction, "I have a private plane so everything works completely differently."

The blond allowed himself to be dragged towards another section of the terminal, rather confused. "Then why are we at a public airport?"

"Because I have a private plane, Luke, not a private airport."

His cheeks glowed pink in embarrassment, choosing to stay silent about it. But he was still shocked, he'd never been on a normal plane before let alone a private one, and he was absolutely terrified.

After a tiresome journey through security and a long time in the waiting room, the two were allowed to board the plane.

Calum motioned for Luke to climb the steps in front of him, partly for the nice view, but mostly because he knew that the blond had only been out of the hospital for a couple of hours and was therefore still weak. If he was to fall, Calum would be there to catch him.

They took the two seats nearest to them at Calum's request, since Luke was already worn out and it meant he'd have to do a lot less work throughout the flight as they were much closer to the toilet than they would have been nearer the back.

Luke took the window seat, it calmed his nerves slightly and made him feel closer to Calum. He latched his hands tightly on to the arm rests and shrunk back into his seat when the plane began to move, his only reassurance being the words Calum whispered in his ear.

He squeezed his eyes shut and imagined he was somewhere else as it began to speed up, and he was pretty sure he shrieked when the wheels came off of the ground.

Calum intertwined their hands to tell him that it was okay to relax and open his eyes now, and Luke found himself hesitantly looking out of the window at the tiny world below.

The blond smiled. "It's so beautiful."

"Just like you."

Luke wasn't sure what happened next, but he ended up fast asleep in Calum's arms.

~~~~~~~

A/n: You guys are gonna get loads of cute chapters now bc why not

BUT YESTERDAY WAS AMAZING I AM COMPLETELY IN LOVE WITH THE SKH MUSIC VIDEO BECAUSE MY BABIES LOOK SO PERFECT AND MICHAEL'S TONGUE AND OH MY GOD HE LOOKED SO HOT THEY ALL LOOKED SO HOT I CANT EVEN PUT THIS INTO WORDS AS YOU CAN SEE

^ See I'm actually a Michael girl who just likes writing cake #sorrynotsorry

Thanks everyone! Until next time :) xx