Chapter 27

"Irene, we've arrived." Eomma shook me awake. I rubbed my eyes, and looked out around the scenery in front of me. The town wasn't as alive as Seoul, but it wasn't one of those farming areas. Kind of like a suburb place.

"Where are we?" I mumbled, still trying to process everything in my head.

"Just a few hours away from Seoul. Come, I have a close friend who lives in this town." Mom ushered, getting out of the car. I also followed, and tucked my phone into my jacket pocket.

It was only a few hours, yet it was 6:30 in the morning. Did eomma stop to get something on the way?

We walked over to the small house, and mom knocked on the door.

The lady met mom back when they were in college. They were close friends, who still kept in contact. It was decided that mom and I was going to be staying here until mom found work, and we could rent our own house.

"Here's your room Irene. You'll be sharing with your mom, since this was so unexpected." The lady smiled, and I shook my head.

"No, I'm grateful." I bowed.

"Hyejeong, where's your boy at?" Eomma asked with a delighted smile.

"Oh, he's at soccer practice right now. He'll be back in an hour." The lady smiled, walking away, toward mom.

I went into the room, and sat on the bed. The room was quite small, but comfortable at the same time.

I wanted to open up my phone, but I felt a little anxious.

JESUS STOP BEING A PUSSY AND MAN UP

"Okay, you got this." I took a deep breath. I unlocked my phone, and saw nothing.

I quickly dialed Yoongi's phone, but it was disconnected.

Fear spread around me. What happened to him and Jin then?

I sent him a quick text, asking him to call me back as soon as possible, then I continued on to call Jin's phone.

His didn't connected either.

I called Jungkook, but the line wouldn't go through. I tried all the boys, yet I still couldn't reach them.

Later

"Mom I'm home!" A boy yelled, and I looked over at him. Our eyes met, and he nodded at me. "You didn't tell me we had people coming over."

"Ah, yes honey. It was a last minute thing. Let's go in the kitchen and I'll explain..." Hyejeong grabbed her son's arm gently, and guided the two of them to a private place to talk.

"Good looking?" Mom smirked at me, and I shook my head.

"I can't contact anyone in Seoul." I told her, and she gave me a confused look.

"Try my phone." She handed me the small device. I quickly dialed Yoongi once more, but it still wouldn't connect.

"It's not working." I panicked. She simply smiled.

"Irene, maybe it's for the best."

"What do you mean?!" I yelled, standing up. Mom grabbed my wrist.

"Irene-ah, maybe it just wasn't meant to be. Us moving to Seoul. You meeting Yoongi. Since you can't contact the boys, I think God's probably telling us this is how it's supposed to be."

"Don't bring religious things into this!" I yelled in disbelief. "So you're telling me to throw away everything?! All the memories, everything..?"

"Maybe it's for the best honey. I talked to your older brother earlier, and the call worked." Mom told me, and rubbed my arm. I sat next to her in the couch. "Here, give me a hug."

I wrapped my arms around her, and squeezed her in a tight embrace.

"Eomma... I can't forget everything..." I cried, and she wiped away my tears. "I fell in love with him... I just can't forget the feeling!"

"I know, I know..." She whispered, patting down my hair.

Yoongi, what's happening to us? Are you okay?
Will you really be able to solve everything for me and protect me?