Mary Sue Rant

Wow... Never thought I would be going over this dandy topic ever in my Wattpad life, yet here we are!

I guess this won't be a rant per say, but like, another question I'll ask you guys to answer in the comment section to give me your opinions.

Anyways, what lead up to this you may ask?

Well, there's always a catch...

I'm sitting here in bed, scrolling through my news feed because I don't want to get up and finish an essay that I want NOTHING to do with, when I stumble across something.

I check out a story, and in one of the comments of the update, the author was replying to some of the comments.

One of the commentators had a question on Techno-Organics, and the author replied with something on the lines off this;

"My character believes that a techno-organic other than Sari Sumdac is just overdone, and that she would never consider becoming techno-organic unless she wanted to become a Mary Sue..."

Keep in mind, this isn't a direct quote as I'm using the mobile app and I don't have the power of memorization.

Okay... This is the part she completely lost me.

So you're saying that a Techno-Organic other than Sari, is automatically qualified as a Mary Sue?

But why though? That's what's tugging my chain a little bit.

It's not that I'm mad at all about what she said, I'm not mad, I'm not a personal fan of Mary Sues as much as the next writer, if anything, I'm just confused at what she said.

I mean sure, Sari is a canon character from the Transformers: Animated show, and technically she's supposed to be the only one of her kind... (Well I suppose you can probably count Blackairachnia but that's a story for another time).

But to just say that another techno-organic characters, which possibly includes OCs, are automatically Mary Sues if they're not Sari Sumdac?

I guess if the people who created their OCS went full on "sugar, spice, and everything nice, with a little too much of a full tank of chemical-X"* on their abilities, and didn't give them any flaws what so ever, then I suppose it's understand.

*If none of you get that Powerpuff Girls reference, I swear!

But to just flat out type that statement?

I mean that's just... What?

I have never been more confused over a fandom topic... Ever.   

So what do you guys think about Sari Sumdac? Or Techno-Organic OCs? Or just Techno-Organics in general?

Do you believe Techno-Organics who are not Sari Sumdac are considered Mary Sues?

Or do you not have a problem with them?

Me personal? For someone who has made Techno-organic OC's before, I don't really have a problem with them. And believe me, the last thing I want to do is make my OC "Mary Sue-y".

So what do you guys think? Let me know in the comment section below!

END OF RANT!