Choir & Graduation

So my graduation ceremony is next week.

On that day, I walk through the halls of my beloved high school one last time. Then I continue on with the rest of my summer vacation, then it's off to college.

So why am I getting so stressed all of a sudden?

I mean, sure, it's graduation! What if you're hair doesn't look right, or what if you're worried the gown will make you look fat? I know, over exaggerating a bit here, but it's not the graduation as a whole that I'm stressing over.

Earlier today I received an email from my music teacher about the ceremony. He's been asked to provide music during the presentations. But the thing is, he wants the vocal class, MY CLASS, to perform in front of all of the parents and teachers DURING graduation!

Excuse me?

I WANT to go to graduation to get my DIPLOMA!

I thought for sure our last concert was over in St. Catherines. Do you want to know why? Here are a few reasons;

1. It was the end of the school year

2. We were performing nearly ALL OF THE SONGS we have learned over the course of the year.

3. The place we were performing at was in our music teachers HOMETOWN!

Now that's what I call ending senior year with a bang!

But you know what really urkes me about this?

THIS IS SOOOO LAST MINUTE!!!!

He wants us to have a rehearsal on THE DAY OF graduation, but the majority of the students in my vocal class had already made family plans before hand.

Don't get me wrong, I want to go to graduation to ATTEND the ceremony and get my diploma. I love choir and all, I really do, but please... I THOUGHT WE WERE DONE WITH SINGING!

END OF RANT!