Girl Superheroes

Please keep in mind for this rant, I am defending female heroes.

So earlier today, my dad took me to see Avengers: Age of Ultron.

And I gotta tell ya, I was pumped!

I've been waiting to see the movie for so long.

My all time favourite Avenger is Iron Man, but there's another Avenger that holds a special place in my heart.

Yes, cheesy I know. But it's true. :/

I'm talking about Black Widow.

She is such a strong character throughout the films, proving she can take care of herself and kick some serious butt.

She's so inspirational, I wanted to be her for Halloween.

Sadly that didn't happen :(

Anyways, so me and my dad are sitting in our seats playing this thing called TimePlay. It's when you use your phones to play games up on the big screen.

So anyways, we're playing the game, and there's this group of young boys sitting in the row behind us.

In one of the rounds, we had to rate four of the Avengers in order. Like who's the best and who's the least.

I voted in this order: Iron Man, Black Widow, Thor, and Captain America.

Once voting was done, the order that came up on screen was Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, and Black Widow.

I kid you not, right after those images appeared on screen, I heard a small boy's voice from behind me say, and I quote;

"Black Widow got last place, obviously duh! She stinks!"

... Excuse me?.... ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

Black Widow is awesome! She's the bomb!

She's a fine example that girls can kick butt JUST AS GOOD as guys can.

And *spoiler alert* now we have Scarlet Witch joining the Avengers.

Girl power!

And there's other fine examples of tough Marvel heroes. Wasp, Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk, Storm, Invisible Woman, Jean Grey, Electra, and a ton of others.

Girls, especially girls who are super heroes, can level up to the playing field the same way male superheroes can.

After all, Black Widow was the one to judge whether or not Iron Man should be qualified for the Avengers.

She was the one that convinced Bruce Banner, A.K.A. the Hulk, to come aboard the Helicarrier. 

She played Loki like a fiddle to tell her his scheme.

She fought against Hawkeye, freeing him from Loki's mind control, and bruising him in the forehead even though that he was her best friend and partner.

She went mano-a-mano against The Winter Soldier, and despite getting shot in the shoulder, still survived and scared him off with a grenade launcher.  

And I would name a few other things she did in Age of Ultron, but I don't want to spoil it for you guys.

So now answer me this: Does Black Widow suck now?

END OF RANT!