Chapter 5- Hello Mama.

*Embree's POV*

"Ready?" Nic called to me from the other room, and I emerged stark struck, seeing Nic all dressed up, actually in a dress. Woah.. I thought, closing my mouth that was gaped open slightly and cleared my throat.

"Yeah you look.. Great Nic." I commented and she looked down. Her face turned pink and I felt an awkward moment coming on, so I changed my tone. "Spin for me sissta." I twirled my finger and smirked and the silence passed. She giggled and twirled bash fully for me.

I really couldn't believe it though. Nic was in a light pink beanie, light yellow strapless sundress with a light, powder blue and white striped (like Easter colors) ribbon that she tied around her waist, making a big bow in the back. She had on white sandals too and silver Swallow earrings.

"What are you staring at?" She demanded, pulling me from my daze and giving me a stern look. I shook my head and indicated for her to go out first.

"Just thinking that this might be the only time I ever see you look like a girl." She gasped and turned to knock me in the head playfully, but I dodged her hand just in time. "Joking!" I commented, laughing ad following her out the door.

-------------------------------- 

"So how's this going to work ya think?" I asked when we got in the car and Nic started it up. She shrugged and took a deep breath.

"I hope good." I nodded in agreement and she drove us to the resteraunt that her mom had texted us to meet her at. Today, the weather was a lot nicer than last night's and the breeze felt good on my hands until Nic didn't want to hear her mom say how messy her hair would be, so she rolled the windows up. Her mom sounded like a real stickler.

"Will she like me?" I asked randomly when Nic commented that we were five minutes away.

"I guess, I don't know with her.. Ever. Just agree with everything she says and you should leave with SOME dignity." I looked at her and she kept her eyes on the road.

"You really don't like your mom huh?"

She snorted at me. "What ever gave you that notion Embree?" She asked sarcastically and I shook off her easy temper. I knew it wasn't my doing, but her moms, and I was a big boy, I could handle a few ride remarks. We drove the rest of the way in silence and was able to find a parking space pretty easily. "Whelp, this is it." She breathed heavily, and turned of the car. I got out and went around to open her door for her.

Looking in the car, Nic was deep in thought, her knuckles had turned white due to her grip on the steering wheel. I bent down and put my hand in one of hers. "Hey, relax. It'll all work out. What's the worst that could happen?" I leaned in and forced her to look at me. She pursed her lips thinking.

"She could cause me to self destruct and kill the whole world."

"Well then anything short of that is better than the worst huh?" I smiled gently and she tried so hard to keep a straight face at my simple answer. She cracked though, and gave a small smile and let go of the wheel. I dropped my hand and stood straight again. "Now, meh lady." I tried my own failed, and I mean FAILED attempt at a British accent and he laughed, not at ease again. She took my hand and hopped out of the car and locked it behind us.

"You should never do that again." Nic whispered as we walked to the resteraunt ad out to the patio area where her mother was suppose to be waiting.