Chapter Twenty: Hit the Stage

"I'm so fucking nervous right now" I whispered as I paced the back room of the venue.

We were an opening act for the two bands playing tonight. I knew one happened to be Pierce the Veil, and I finally got to see Mike and Vic again, and harass Mike since he was dating on of my best friends. And because Evelyn had a backstage pass and surprise plans caused Aerin to make a trip back home, I gave the tickets to Austin and my Ginger Alan. I hadn't really seen Austin, not since he moved out.

He came by when I came home last week, and I told him about losing the baby, and we talked things through about the apartment. I felt bad and didn't want to waste his money, so I was going to stay for the remaining three months before the lease was up. I couldn't really thank him enough. Without Austin, I wouldn't have opened my eyes, or gotten a track started. He was there when I thought I didn't need anyone when I actually did.

"Calm down babe" Draven chuckled, taking me into his arms. "You'll do amazing like always"

"Thanks" I smiled and kissed him. I felt him smile against my lips as he wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer.

My mind was yelling at me every time I kissed him. I was trying to get Ashley, but yet here I am with Draven. I mean, he was cute and sweet, but my heart was just saying He's not for you honey. I don't know what was with me, but I really haven't spoken to Ash since New Mexico.

I met Draven a short while after coming back. He knew about the pregnancy and was okay with being there if I needed him. Even if he wasn't the father. I couldn't have asked for anything different. Then, when I lost the baby, Draven still stood by me, unfaltering. I've successfully dated someone for over two months without them proposing to me.

"Can we get you guys to go through a run through real quick?" One of the venue workers asked, eyeing a clipboard in his hand.

"Of course" I smiled. "Haven, Miles! Let's get a run through done!"

"Coming!" Miles smiled sweetly. "So what song we doing first hun?" he asked, making sure the plan was still correct.

"Freak Like Me" I replied, giving him a quick hug. That boy was so clueless sometimes, but he was an amazing friend.

Everyone always asked if Haven and Miles were going out since I was with Draven. All we would ever do is laugh obnoxiously before answering. Miles was as straight as a U-turn. Him and Haven being together? Never in a trillion years. The thought always made us giggle.

I shook my head and chuckled, heading towards side stage. There one of the stage crew handed me my electric, so I could go out and plug it in to one of the massive floor amps. They did the same for Draven, him following me out shortly after I plugged in my guitar, as well did Haven. He plugged in his bass and she, her guitar and we strummed some strings of a song together, making sure the strings were tuned and there were no prosthetic damage done to our babies. Miles came out a little later, taking a seat at his drums, pounding at them furiously. Once everything was in check, we headed to the mics.

I sang a few notes into the microphone and checked my pitch. I was a tad bit flat, so I adjusted, making it as perfect as I could get it. Haven, Draven, and Miles played their instruments, examining them carefully for damage as I did this. Then stage crew gave us the go and we went for a practice round.

"Kay guys, let's go with 'Freak Like Me'. Ready?" I looked back at them from my position at the front of the stage by the mic. They smiled and gave me a nod, so I gave Miles the cue. He shouted, hitting his sticks together and counting to three.

We ran through our set, stage crew taking notes on adjustments they wanted or needed to make. One of which was having me on a head set rather than a floor mic like previously anticipated. Other than that, we did fine. The two main stage bands hadn't arrived yet, but the show wasn't for another four hours, and they were supposed to be arriving at any minute. I still didn't know who else had main stage besides PTV, and it was killing me. But no one would tell me, which made me suspicious.