Chapter Three: Sam and Scarlett

Chapter 3. So Jinxx is gone and Scarlett is getting by. Enjoy.

~Scarlett's P.O.V.~

Jeremy had left, and I had to find a way to muddle through. But until the day he came back, or if he even came back, I couldn't wait. I walked back in the house and closed the door behind me. Tears fell non-stop. I didn't know what else to do. I began walking towards my room when I was stopped. I bumped into the hard chest of my father. I looked up to see anger on his face.

"Where's your brother?"

"He left" I said quietly.

"Why the hell did he leave?" I saw the hate in his eyes. I was glad Jeremy left.

"Because he got sick of you" I sneered. Then I regretted the words I let out.

His hand went flying and collided with my cheek. The pain I felt was a stinging fire. Being in a small hallway I fell and hit my head against the wall. I let out a groan of pain and all I could hear was the slight chuckle from my father.

"Watch your tongue Scarlett, he's not here to protect you" he hissed. He then stalked of and I was left there tears pouring from a mix of emotions. Anger, hurt, sorrow, depression.

I sat up and just stood there for a moment. I was processing everything. I don't know why but I was having trouble going through things in my head. I gave up and walked slowly to the kitchen. I walked over to the junk drawer and began searching through it. I saw the extra blades, and I debated on grabbing one from its carrier and taking it with me to my room.

I jumped as my mother came into the kitchen "Hi sweetie" her voice was that of one too far gone.

"Hey mom" I smiled, hiding the razor behind my back.

"Everything okay?" she asked her voice conveying little emotion.

"Yea" I lied "Jeremy left about fifteen minutes ago"

"That's right" she replied rather quiet.

"I'm gonna go to my room" I replied, walking past her.

I walked swiftly down the hall and closed the door behind me. I took deep shaky breaths and melted to the ground. Tears poured again. I hated my dad, I hated Jeremy, and I hated myself. I had left myself go weak. I took the razor and held it against my wrist. I bit my lip and inhaled, pressing the razor into the soft skin. The pain was agonisingly addictive.

The red liquid spilled and I gaped at how deep I had cut. I dropped the razor and ran to the bathroom. I poured peroxide, the cut fizzing and stinging. I grabbed gauze and wrapped it around my new wound. The bleeding had stopped but I didn't let out a sigh of relief just yet. I walked back to my room and closed the door quietly behind me.

I sat on my bed, the comforter fluffing up from my weight. I grabbed my phone from my night stand and looked at it. I couldn't call Jeremy, he had left and I couldn't worry him. I knew who I had to call. I pressed the on button and the screen lit up. I went through my contacts and clicked on the one I wanted. I pressed the phone to my ear and listened as it rang.

"Hello?"

"Sam?" I breathed a sigh of relief.

"Scar, what's wrong?" he asked, his voice concerned.

"Can I come over?" I asked, my voice now shaking.

"Yea, just come on in, my parents are gone" he replied.

"Okay" I ended the call and ran out the door.

I heard my dad make a remark but I ignored it. I just wanted to get to Sam's and get this taken care of. I ran until it felt as though I couldn't breathe. Sam's house was 6 blocks away, and I still had another four to go. I tried jumping over the upturned concrete, but misjudged and landed on the rough ground. My knees had started bleeding and my palms were scratched. I got back up and walked the rest of the way.

When I knocked on his door it opened right away. I was looking at my feet, the blood running down my legs. The cuts weren't that deep, but man did they bleed. I finally looked up at Sam's face and it showed sorrow.

"Scar are you okay?"

"Sam, I-" I stopped and caught my breath "I did something that I thought I'd never do again"

"Come in" he gestured and closed the door as soon as I walked in. "What happened Scar?" he asked again.

I collapsed to my knees. I hugged my knees to my chest and tears fell again. God I was so sick of crying! I've never cried so much in my life. "I-I cut myself Sam, I was an idiot and cut myself. It felt like I blacked out when I did it. I felt the pain and saw the blood escaping and then I freaked out"

"Scar, you promised me you would never do it aga-" he started.

"Sam I know!" I cried "I just didn't know what to do" I dropped my head onto my knees and I heard his heavy footsteps walk to me.

He shifted and sat next to me, his breathing heavy. I could tell he was thinking because of the way he shifted next to me. "I told you I'm always here for you Scar" he finally said.

"I know" I replied, my words breathy "I was scared and at that moment I didn't know what else to do" I looked up at him, his face showing comfort.

I then felt at ease, my heart slowed from the rapid pace it was once going. He gave me a wry smile and wrapped his arm around me and pulled me in close. I resisted at first, but then that comfort washed over me once again. I laid my head against his chest, listening to the constant thumping of his heart. I felt him take a deep breath, his heart sped up a bit, and then he broke the silence.

"Promise me that you won't become me"

"I won't" I looked up at him, my eyes meeting the deep blue of his. I then hugged him tighter, "Please don't leave me, you're all I have left"

I placed his hand on my chin and tilted my head up, his eyes sparkling in the light of the dim room. "I promise" he whispered, leaning down and placing his warm lips onto mine.

End of chapter 3... Still boring? It'll get better I swear it. And picture of Sam ------>