Chapter Eight: My Saviour

I walked through the door of my house with the help of my mom. I could barely keep my eyes open, and everything hurt. I never thought I’d be able to go home. Now I just wanted to go upstairs and go into my bed and sleep.

“I’m so sorry sweetheart” my mom whispered. “I-I should’ve stood up for you. I’m so sorry baby”

“Mom, it’s okay” I replied, my voice raspy from the lack of water.

“No it’s not” she replied sternly “I should have never let this happen”

“I love you mom” I replied, trying to steady more of my weight on my own two feet. As soon as I got inside I assured mom that I could make it to my room. But before I could head up the stairs I was greeted by my dad and a smirk.

“How are you slut?”

I avoided his comment and tried to push past him. But my efforts were meaningless. He slammed me into the wall, his arm across my chest.

He bent down; whispering in my ear “Let this be a warning to you. Next time I have to have my friends tote you away I’ll let them fuck you till there’s nothing left” I felt the tears build up in my eyes as I squirmed under his arm. “Understood?” he asked. I shook my head and he let me go, sending me collapsing to the ground.

His footsteps were heavy as he walked away, leaving me in the hallway. I slowly got up, shaking and weak, and climbed up the stairs to my room. I don’t know how long it took me to finally fall onto my bed, but eventually I did. Tears stung my eyes as my dad’s words sunk in. I reached under my nightstand, the tape peeling off of the old razor I had left there. I held it to my wrist and let it sink in to my soft skin.

All I ever wanted was to be happy. For life to be better than this. But now I was discouraged from everything I’ve ever believed in has been taken away from me. But I wouldn’t die, I wouldn’t be that weak.

~Jeremy’s P.O.V.~

“Of course, and the activation will work?” I asked to Verizon Costumer Service lady on the opposite line.

“It should, if it doesn’t go ahead and give us a call back and we’ll see what the issue is” she replied happily.

“Thanks so much” I replied.

“Of course, have a nice evening Mr. Ferguson” and the line went dead.

“Everything settled?” Sammi asked and she sat next to me on the couch.

“Yup” I smiled “It took a while to get in, but now I can listen to those voicemails”

“At least Chris was nice enough to buy you the new line” she giggled.

“Yea, after he apologized a million times” I rolled my eyes and laughed.

About a month ago we were at the pool and I received a call. I let it go to voicemail, but it worried me when it rang less than five minutes later. I picked up my phone just as I was called over by the guys. And of course right before I could listen to them Christian ran into me and I fell into the pool.

I let out a sigh as I entered my voicemail password and pressed the phone to my ear. Sammi clutched to my arm and leaned against my shoulder, making me smile. But my smile soon fell as soon as I heard the messages.

"Jeremy, it's Scar. I really, really need you to call me" it hung up and went straight to the next message"Dad, he's- he's mad, no furious. Jeremy please call."

“Shit” I hissed.

“Jeremy?” Sammi asked, looking at me concerned.

I listened to the last message, and I felt my heart stop "Come here you little slut" what must’ve been my dad spat.