Chapter Nine: Haven't Met Yet

I ended falling asleep in the chair next to the couch. Sammi gently shook me awake. I looked up at her and she gave me a hopeful smile. I smiled back and grasped her hand in mine, kissing it. I looked past her and saw that Scar was still sleeping. I checked my phone, the screen lighting up, giving me the time of 9:45 p.m.

I got up and walked to the kitchen, grabbing a glass and filling it with water. I chugged it down and filled it up again. This time I brought it back to the coffee table and set it down. I didn’t know if Scarlett had eaten or drunken anything in the past couple days. Just as I sat back down the front door burst open.

“The massive cock is here!” Mr. Purdy was kind enough to shout as he walked through the open doorway.

“Dude, my fucking sister is on the couch!” I hissed.

“Shit, Jinxx, I’m sorry” he laughed in a drunken slur.

“Wait, I heard sister and fucking and... I am so lost” Andy stumbled in, Jake and CC following closely behind him.

“What the hell did you guys do, drink the bar out?” I asked.

“Almost” Jake replied with a smile.

“Hey, they’re all gonna have hangovers tomorrow” CC snickered.

“Hangovers don’t make-up the fact that my sister is recuperating on the couch” I gestured toward Scarlett.

“Jeremy?” I heard a soft voice. I turned around to see Scarlett slowly sitting up, and with great struggle.

“Hey Scar” I smiled and went to her, helping her sit upright. She pressed her palm to her forehead, and leaned over her lap. “You okay?”

“Yea” she replied quietly “I’m just dizzy”

“Who’s this again?” CC asked, walking over to the vacant chair.

“I’m Scarlett, Jeremy’s sister” she replied, slowly raising her head, pulling her hair from her face. “Jer, I really, really want a glass of water” she looked at me, her eyes started to glow again.

“Right here” I lifted the glass from the table and gave it to her.

She sipped at it gingerly, but it was eminent how thirsty she was. She placed the glass down, and looked at her bandaged wrist. She sighed and laid her hands down on her lap. The room was silent and she realized it. She shot her head up and looked from CC, to Sammi, to me, then Jake, then Andy, and they lingered on Ashley.

“Sorry” she cleared her throat “Um, I just…” she stopped, not knowing what else to say.

“I picked her up a couple hours ago” I butted in; she gave me a thankful look “I couldn’t leave her at home anymore. So she’s going to stay here with us” Her head jolted, facing me.

“Really?” she asked “I don’t want to be a burden, and I-I couldn’t just stay if you all weren’t okay with it”

“Nah, it’s fine” Andy reassured “Jinxx has mentioned you a couple times. It’d be nice to meet Little Sis. Right guys?” he laughed. They all responded except for Ash. “Yo, Ash. You okay?”

Ashley snapped his eyes away from Scarlett and regained himself “Yea, I’m fine. The alcohol is just getting to me”

I knew Ashley. It wasn’t the alcohol, it was Scarlett. I just hoped that she would know what to do and not get caught up. She wouldn’t be able to handle him. I would know because I can barely handle him sometimes.

~Scarlett’s P.O.V~

Everything hurt. I don’t remember one thing from last night, well… maybe one thing. But I had to be going crazy, right? I mean, I haven’t seen Jeremy forever it seemed. But last night, I did see him. Oh, Scarlett I think it’s official. You’re going crazy. Jeremy would never come back, and why should he? He left, and for his own good. I would have to find my own way out.

But I knew that what I was thinking wasn’t the truth. I realized that when I heard male voices shout as they walked through a door. Then I heard his voice. I slowly opened my eyes and watched as Jeremy scolded the others in the room.

“Jeremy?” My throat burned as I spoke. I began to sit up slowly, as not to make my sudden headache any worse.

“Hey Scar” he smiled and walked over to me, assisting me by supporting my back and helping sit upright. I pressed my cool palm to my aching forehead, and leaned over my lap.

“You okay?” My brother asked, clearly concerned.

“Yea” I replied quietly “I’m just dizzy” I was hoping that telling him this would get him off edge.

“Who’s this again?” One of the guys asked, walking over to the vacant chair next to me.

I took a deep breath and slowly raised my head, pulling my hair away from my eyes “I’m Scarlett, Jeremy’s sister” I looked back at my brother and bit my lip “Jer, I really, really want a glass of water” My throat was aching. I couldn’t remember the last time I had consumed… anything.

“Right here” he lifted the glass from the table and handed it to me.

I sipped at it gingerly, I wanted to gulp it down, but if I did I would have a stomach ache. After a moment I placed the glass down, and looked at my bandaged wrist. I sighed and laid my hands across one another on my lap. The room was silent and I soon realized it. I shot my head up and looked from the man sitting next to me, to my brother, then to the two men standing together by the doorway, but as soon as I laid my eyes on the last man my breath caught in my throat.

He had beautiful deep brown eyes framed by jet black hair. His face was strong, but still that of a boy. He had chiseled features that anyone would kill for. And he wouldn’t stop looking at me. Or was it because I couldn’t tear my eyes away from him?

“Sorry” cleared her throat and shook my head, leaving his eyes “Um, I just…” I stopped, not knowing what else to say.

“I picked her up a couple hours ago” Jeremy butted in; I looked at him with relief “I couldn’t leave her at home anymore. So she’s going to stay here with us” My head jolted back to him.

“Really?” I asked “I don’t want to be a burden, and I-I couldn’t just stay if you all weren’t okay with it”

“Nah, it’s fine” One of the guys with stunning blue eyes reassured “Jinxx has mentioned you a couple times. It’d be nice to meet Little Sis. Right guys?” he laughed. They all responded except for the man I couldn’t stop looking at. “Yo, Ash. You okay?” It was at that time that I realized that it wasn’t only me who couldn’t stop staring, it was him too.

He snapped his eyes away from me and regained himself “Yea, I’m fine. The alcohol is just getting to me”

I’m sure he had to be lying. I felt this strange attraction to him. His eyes captivated me, and he made me melt. Wait. What was I thinking? Scarlett, remember what happened last time you felt this way? He died. You can’t do that again. You can’t live with that guilt of knowing you could’ve done something. Or even worse… breaking his heart. I wouldn’t allow myself to get caught up in that again. I can’t bring him in and then break his heart like the notorious Scar.

How could I even feel this way about him? We haven’t officially met yet. Better yet, I don’t even know his name.

~~~

Hai guys. Sorry its a filler, but I loves you!! ^^ Hope you're enjoying