Chapter Fifteen: Please Forgive Me

It was performing day in New Mexico. I was nervous because I was going to fess up to my brother and Ashley today. I curled up into a ball as my stomach churned. I was so stressing myself out right now. I took a deep breath and checked the time on my phone; 11:12 a.m. I needed to get dressed and meet up with Austin; he said he needed to talk with me.

I went into the bathroom and started the shower, making sure the water was warm before climbing in. I let the steam fill up the bathroom as the hot water ran down my tense back and neck. After I was finished rinsing I got out, wrapping a towel around me and heading to the mirror. I swiped my hand across the foggy glass, giving me something to work with. I opened the door and the steam poured out as I grabbed my clothes.

I changed into my light blue skinnies, my black hang shoulder peace sign top, my many bracelets, and my stiletto boots. When I walked back into the bathroom the mirror had cleared up and I brushed through my hair. I had to let it air dry before straightening it, so I moved on to my make-up. I put on a sparkly silver base first, then white, flaring it out for the “smokey eye” effect. I put on heavy eye liner and mascara, bringing out my green eyes.

I took another look and turned my straightener off, deciding that I was just going to let my hair be naturally wavy. But I teased it for some extra volume that I didn’t have naturally. I placed on some lip gloss and I was ready. I walked past my bunk and grabbed my fedora. It was really sunny, and I thought it went good with my outfit. I headed towards the door before turning back. I needed my backstage pass if I was going to get in. After grabbing off the counter I then left the bus, heading for the main tent.

I walked over, hoping to avoid Jeremy for just a little while longer. Austin was sitting with Tino,
Phil, Alan, and Aaron plus some others I didn’t recognize. I approached them slowly; nervous about the men I haven’t met before. I heard their British brogues before Austin noticed me.

“Hey, nice of you to join” he smiled and sat up, pulling me the rest of the way over to them.

“Sorry I was a little late” I blushed.

“And who is this beauty?” the one with ginger hair asked, clearly intrigued.

“I’m Scarlett” I waved as Austin had me sit down.

But I then recognized the two men’s faces; Danny Worsnop and Ben Bruce. I knew from that moment that neither cared who I was or what my name is. Right now I was on edge for another reason. But after a couple minutes I relaxed and actually enjoyed the conversations. Hours passed quickly as Austin and the guys were called up to perform in the next 15 minutes.

“You have to come with us because I know for a fact you’ve been skipping out on our performances” Austin scorned, pulling me along.

“Bye guys” I waved to Ben and Danny, them smiling as I was pulled away.

~Jinxx’s P.O.V~

“Don’t worry” Sammi comforted as I sat hunched over on the couch in the main tent. “It’ll all be okay. You need to stop worrying, she’s fine”

“Then why hasn’t she answered any of my calls?” I asked exasperated.

“Jeremy, you have to see from her point of view” Sammi sighed “She’s sick of bringing trouble to you, that’s all she’s ever seen herself as to you”

I chuckled “That sounds like something she would say…” I looked up at Sammi for the first time since I had sat down. “What do you know?”

“I know that you need to get your ass out there and go see some shows and enjoy yourself like Scarlett would want you to” she sighed.