Chapter 33: Meeting New People

Start from the beginning

Some unknown emotion flashed through his eyes before he shook his head and his smirk was back in its place.

"If that's what it's going to take to convince you of something, look forward to more of it!"

My face turned red as I glared at a laughing Candy. "Are you going to tell me your plan or not?"

So that's how I found myself climbing a tree, five minutes later. "This is your brilliant plan?" I yelled at Candy who was following me.

"Why couldn't you just climb up and then open the door for me like a gentleman?"

"Now where would be the fun in that? Plus I wouldn't have had a chance to convince you."

Blood came rushing back to my cheeks. Ugh! I hate him.

No you don't. And if I might recall, it's quite the opposite. My brain needs to shut up.

I managed to push myself up in a branch that was near Aaron's room.

I already had a few scratches here and there but they weren't bad.

"Okay. I'm going to try and jump but If I get hurt, I'll be beheading you. Got it?"

I didn't hear anything so I considered it a silent yes. I carefully climbed onto the branch and balanced myself. "Are you coming?" I asked but got no response.

I didn't have it in my to look back because I really didn't want to see how far I was from the ground. I wasn't afraid of heights but I was afraid of falling off the branch that almost seemed to squeak.

I adjusted my bag on my shoulder and braced myself for the jump. I folded my legs to give a boost and jumped through the window, landing inside his room.

I faintly heard a 'rip' as if jumped. I looked to see my favourite leggings torn, halfway across my knee and thigh.

Laughter distracted me and I looked up to see six pairs of eyes looking at me in humour.

Everyone in the room was laughing at me and I turned Crimson.

I clenched Aaron's jersey in my hand as if that would drain out my embarrassment.

I looked behind me to see where Candy was but he was nowhere in sight. The door of his room opened to reveal Candy himself, laughing at me.

The moment I spotted his key in his hand, anger swallowed me. He did it deliberately.

I clenched my jaw and got up, dusting of the creases in the jersey.

"Please excuse me." I said as politely as I could and went towards the washroom.

I was livid.

He thought it was funny to embarrass me? Well, let's see what I have in store for him.

He made me tear my favourite leggings. And that was not okay.

I locked the door and examined myself in the mirror. My hair had small leaves stuck in them and it resembled a nest.

I quickly hopped into the shower and took a ten minutes to clean myself before changing into my 'new' clothes.