Chapter 33: Meeting New People

Mulai dari awal

Well, the situation is nothing but Mr. I-have-to-complicate-everything can't just go ring the bell of his own house.

Apparently Agent Tom and Daddy Bear and let his friends in before they went out for dinner and now Candy here is too ashamed to call his parents to ask where the spare key is kept. Neither does he want to ring the bell.

Stupid ego of his.

"You know, I can ring the doorbell and I'll keep it open for you to enter after a while or I could just call one of your parents," I suggested.

"No. That will give my parents and friends a reason to make me the centre of jokes as if mom and dad don't have enough reasons to mock me as it is," he pouted, adorably.

"Aww. Is Candy embarrassed?" I coped, getting up to pinch his cheeks.

Faint red spots splattered on his cheeks before his eyes lightened up.

"Don't you have the spare key to my house?"

"Well, I would've had it if you'd let me stop at my house on the way," I said rolling my eyes at him.

He grumbled in response as his eyes trailed upwards towards the sky. After a moment, he looked at me, mischievously.

The sparkle in his eyes almost scared me.

"No, no, no, no. I'm not about to do what you're thinking of making me do." I backed away, shaking my head.

He just smirked. "You so are."

"Na-uh."

"You won't do it for your bestest friend ever?"

"Bestest isn't even a word and no. You're crazy ideas always land me in trouble or in pain."

"That was ONE time!"

"I broke my arm! I think one time was enough!" I huffed, annoyed.

"Aw come on!"

"No," I replied, crossing my arms across my chest.

He immediately grabbed my hands, untangling them from my chest and pulled me a bit closer. "Please?"

"No."

He took a step closer to me. He pecked my forehead. "Please?"

My stomach started its own tickling fest inside. "No." I have no idea how I managed to say that with a straight face.

"Please?" He pecked my nose this time.

I was about to deny but he didn't wait for my answer. It was almost as if he knew that my answer was again going to be negative.

This time the tickling fest introduced new species of butterflies.

He pecked my cheeks and my eyes widened. I was almost feeling woozy. My legs were almost on the verge of collapsing. My heart was hammering inside, as if it would break through my rib cage any moment.

If you don't step away right now, you're going to loose it. My brain was right.

"O-Okay. I'll do it," I said stepping out of proximity and retracting my hands.