Stage of Black Magic

I open both of my eyelids together, to find myself looking at ceiling of a hospital room, then I realise Gabby was beside me, I was lying down for some reason and Gabby was sitting on a chair.

"Aila! I'm so glad!" She said.

"Gabby? What happened?" I asked.

"Well, you got a really high fever so you fainted, then we brought you to the hospital, Tio, Malika and Anya are tending you." She answered.

I do feel weak, I feel like I have a fever, wow, I haven't realised until now, how embarrassing.

"Hey, I got something to show you." She said while pulling something out of her bag. It was something like a camera, but with a cam corder on top, it's like a gameboy with video recorder on top.

"This is a device that allows you to video call another person, press the yellow button and then it will locate a nearby device same as this, then you can video call a person! To tell if someone wants to video call you, the blue light will start bleeping and then you can answer it with the red button here! Let's give it a try." She said while pressing the yellow button, then in the screen Dion and Hanief's face showed up, waving hi to me.

"Glad you woke up Aila, we were worried." Said Hanief.

"We brought this device so that if you want to call us you can use this." Said Dion.

" Thanks guys..." I responded, my voice was about to go out, I feel like throwing up.

"You should rest Aila, we'll call you later." Said Hanief. Then, the screen goes black and Gabby waves goodbye to me.

I start to close my eyes one by one, then without realising, I fell asleep. Hello darkness my old friend, but through this thick darkness, I saw Ezra, I realise two tears fell from my eyes, he was speaking, but zero volume. I tried to tell him I couldn't hear him, but he was going further and further away from me. I chased and the outcome was nothing, he was already sucked into the darkness.

Then, in the next instant, my eyes opened, I realise my surroundings slowly, I was in the hospital , it was a dream, a terrible nightmare. Then, the door opened and came Rhatu and Lunggar, holding bags of food.

"Aila, we brought you some food." Said Rhatu.

They took out a sandwich and a bottle of water which was handed out to me. I start eating and chewing it slowly, sitting up straight whike they sit down on a chair.

"I have to go, I promised Hanief to teach him how to drum." Said Lunggar. We waved goodbye and he left the room, Rhatu was the only one with me now. It was so quiet, I had to break the ice, so I asked a random question.

"Rhatu, why were you sleeping with Lunggar?" Rhatu's face went instantly red and looked surprised at me.

"It isn't what you think! Last night, I got scared so I thought lying down at Lunggar's bed beside him will calm him down, but I accidentally fell asleep! That's all!" She explained while the red is still conquering her face.

"Um, so why Lunggar?" I asked.

"Oh, Lunggar is my best friend, he was always a dependable and reliable friend, he was always looking after me when I had trouble, so being beside him is very warm because he has a warm heart." She answere while smiling and still blushing. Poker face conquered my face, but I conquered it back with a smile.

"Well, it's really nice to have somebody that looks after you, like your big brother, I wish I had one, I guess you are lucky to have someone like that." I said with a smile. Her blush started to decrease and she smiled again.

"Yeah, I guess having someone like him by my side is pretty nice." She said.

Hours passed, I fell asleep after drinking my medicine, then I woke up, to find Rhatu sleeping on the chair. I woke her up and told her that she go back to her cabin, but she said she wanted to stay.

It was night time, so I took Rhatu on a walk inside the hospital, which was really scary, like in those horror films.

Then, we stopped at the document room, we opened the door and found so many files stacked and arranged along with many documents.

"I don't get it, the principal said we are the first visitors, so why are there so many files?" Asked Rhatu.

She's right, this is getting suspicous. This is just like the document room where my friend Lulu was taken cared, so my suspicion took control of me and I pulled a file from a rack.

My eyes felt like they were going to pop out, the file was registered to my friend Lulu! How? It said the same disease she had when she was in the other hospital, flu.

Then I took another file, it revealed Jonathan Mark's file, my friend, or to be said better a boy from the other ninth grade class. It said he had a major headache. Rhatu was shocked too, so we ignored all this and went back to my room.

The video call device's blue light was beeping, why would anyone want to call now? In the middle of the night?

"Lets answer it, maybe someone needs help, the nearest device is in the studio." Said Rhatu.

So, I clicked the yellow button like Rhatu said, but the screen was sacry like a horror show.

"What in the world is this? " I said.

There was a step ladder, a rope on top of it that looks like the rope people to hang other people or themselves up and the light is dim so I guess it's from a dim candle light. Then, the scary part comes.

A figure with a paper bag placedon their head with a hospital gown and hospital slippers, started walking towards the stepladder, Rhatu and I gasped. Then, it reached the stepladder, grabbing the rope, it looks like it's about to hang itself up, a chill came to me. Then, in the next instant, poof! The screen went blank, the dim candle light must've turned off, and we both fell onto the floor.