Epilogue

ZAYN'S P.O.V

(12 months later)

It was a quiet Saturday afternoon, Steph had no work and I was on break from our tour. It was the perfect time to have a movie marathon and just cuddle on the couch.

I played with her hair as we played a game called "Would you ever consider."

"Hmmm would you ever consider........ dying your hair green?" She asked as she giggled.

"Green? Well I would if you told me to." I answered. She rolled her eyes. "Yeah right. No you wouldn't!"

"You're probably right, green doesn't match my skin tone." I playfully said.

It was my turn to ask a question. "Would you ever consider........ having a family in the future?" I looked at her with stern eyes.

"Of course I would." She replied. "Can I ask why you asked me that?"

I leaned over and kissed her forehead. "Oh nothing. Just imagined you being the world's best mom."

I lied. Only with the nothing part. The reason why I asked her that is because I wanted to know if she wanted it. I do intend to have a family too, with her acutally. I want her to be the mother of my children. I want her to be my wife.

Today is our anniversary and I've planned something special for us tonight. Although, I think I'm going to have to persuade her harder to go out later, seeing as she planned her day just sitting on the couch, cuddling with me.

I've been away from tour for a long time and its been really hard for us both.

When I come back, all she wants to do is spend time with me, and me only. Not having to go to social events, which she didn't really mind but I know she gets tired of it. Or not having to share me with the fans or the paparazzi.

Everything has to go swimmingly. I want this to be perfect. Its a good thing I had some help from the boys, I could've never have done it without them.

"Zayn? Hello, Zayn?" I was interrupted by Steph's hand waving in front of my face. "Oh uh what was that again babe?"

"I said, what would you say about us spending the night of our anniversary just here. Doing nothing. I'll make us some dinner and we'll just sleep in each other's arms!" She said enthusiastically.

This is it. My chance to persuade her. "Actually, I planned something for the both of us tonight."

"Oh well, okay then. Just as long as we're spending it with just the two of us. And no one else right?" She looked up at me for an answer. "Of course, just you and me. No fans, no paparazzi. Just me and you." I said as I kissed her temple.

"Great! I can't wait!" She cheered, as she snuggled closer to me and continued watching the movie.

As the movie was playing, I couldn't help but stare at her.

I still can't believe that she's mine. I still can't believe that after all we've been through before, we'd end up being together.

Enemies to Lovers.

I can't help but smile to myself sometimes. Just a few years back, I was entirely certain that I would hate her guts forever. And yet here we are now, cuddling on the same couch, smiling at each other's words. I would have never thought that I would end up loving her more than anything in this world.

These thoughts are making me nervous for tonight. My only wish is that when I ask her to be mine forever, she'll say yes.

But what if she doesnt? Maybe I should just stop overthinking things and enjoy this moment with her.