Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Hey!

Late update again Sorry! Only a few more chapters till the end. This part doesn't have as many parts as part 1. So don't be surprised if events are moving a little faster. :) I intend to finish this story within my summer break. Yes it's summer here in my country. Anyway...

Enjoy!

+++

STEPH'S P.O.V

"You do know that they did this on purpose. So you and I can talk right?" I assumed.

Zayn was tapping his thumb on the steering wheel, showing signs of awkwardness. "Yup."

Silence.

He spoke up. "So you're happy huh?"

"Uh.." I actually don't know if I am or if I'm not. I just told the others that so they'd lay off my case. I haven't put any thought into it yet. "I guess so."

"You guess so?"

"Yeah."

"Ok."

Silence.

"So........ uh how's work going?" He asked.

Why is he asking so much questions? I feel like I'm getting interrogated. "Fine."

"Ok."

Silence.

I noticed that his tapping became faster. "I'm sorry if this is weirding you out or if its making you awkward. It's been awhile since we've had a heart to heart talk." I said.

"No it's ok, I understand. The last time we've ever had a long conversation was when you were leaving for Yale and that was a LONG time ago." He replied.

I smiled at the thought. "Oh yeah... I remember that. You ran after me just to say goodbye. That was very sweet of you."

He glanced at me with a smile for a second then turned his attention back to the road. "So Seth, he seems like a good guy."

He said.

"Yeah, he's great. He takes good care of me." I answered.

I saw him frown. "Oh.."

"Do you love him?"

"Sorry what was that?" I pretended.

"Do you love him?" He repeated.

Seth and I started saying that to each other about a year into our relationship. But with Zayn back in the picture, I guess I'm starting to get those feelings for him again.

I hate this! I'm suppose to have my mind made up. I told myself to move on years ago. That's the reason why I let Seth date me.

Why does he have to do this to me! E V E R Y S I N G L E T I M E. Then I just get hurt.

Not again Steph. Not again. I have to remind myself that I have Seth now. He'll never hurt me.

"Yes, I do."

After I said this, he kept quiet. I saw him wipe something from his face but I didn't have a good look at it.

"Steph, do you remember what I told you before you left?" He asked.

"No, sorry I don't ." I replied. "What was it?"

He cleared his throat and gripped the steering wheel tighter. "I told you that I loved you." "And then you said it back."

"Zayn I-"

He cut me off. "But before that, you asked if we could be friends. So when you left, you also left me confused. Which one did you mean?"

"Zayn I'm sorry for confusing you. At that time, I was really confused as well. But I've moved on. And so should you Zayn. You deserve someone who is worth your love. I hope you know where I'm going here. I really meant for us to become great friends. And I still intend to now." I tried to explain with all honesty because I knew that some part of me was lying.

"I really hope so too." He gave a weak smile.

The rest of the ride was pure silence. It was a mix of comfortable and uncomfortable.

We finally arrived my house.

"Thanks for the lift Zayn. I appreciate it. And tell the boys and the girls that I had fun tonight." I said, while I unbuckled my seatbelt.

"You're welcome. And will do." He smiled.

"Well see you soon." I said before opening the car door.

I was already on the pavement when he said my name. "Steph."

"Yeah?"

"Would you want to go out for coffee sometime? As friends?" He asked.

"Sure, I'd love that."

"Ok great! I'll text you." He said excitedly.

"Bye Zayn."

"Bye Steph."

+++

ZAYN'S P.O.V

I was deep into my thoughts.

Friends? Friends! I can never be friends with someone I'm in love with. That would be the hardest thing to do.

I still think she deserves someone better for her. Yes Seth may be great and good looking and nice and whatnot, but I still think something's fishy about him.

Move on? Move on! No matter how many times I've tried to do that, I failed terribly. She would always keep on popping in my head.

I know I sound like some love struck teenager but this is the very first time I've gone through this extent with a girl. She's special.

I've always found it hard to find something that I want. But now I know that what I want is her.

I'll do whatever it takes. Even if I have to pretend that I only like her as a friend.

+++

Short chapter! :( and crabby writing. I personally thought this chapter was cheesy, but cute :) haha anyway. The next chapter will be good promise. I've been writing fillers lately and I don't think it's getting much attention. So anyways........ I hope you still like it though cuz it's leading to some very interesting events later on. Hummmmm. I hope you guys bear with me. It's hard writing a story to be honest. I always take my readers into consideration. Just know that I love you all! Mwah

Tell me what you think! :D