Reeses and Twizzlers

"Were home." Robin and Greg greet coming back from the park. 

"Took you guys long enough! You're dad came home two hours ago and dinner's getting cold!" their mom yells from the dinning room. 

"Daaddyyy!" Greg screams sprinting into the dinning room and tackling his old man in a hug. 

"Haha missed you too kiddo." he says ruffling his hair while trying to send a text message to a co-worker on his phone. 

"Did you see anything intresting on the flight to Brazil?" Mother asks dishing out a heaping helping of chicken and peas for her Dad and Greg. 

"Yeah! There was this geese that almost flew into the planes Turbine! Man, that would have been messy!" he says putting down the phone to start on the meal.

On her way  to the the dinning room Robin grabs a quick book, for an excuse to not to talk to her family. Her mothers passes her a plate with a petite chicken wing and plenty of peas. Not wanting to argue she sighs and finishes the chicken and begins picking at the peas. 

"And your not going to believe the tickets your old man scored!" Her step-dad says adressing Greg and getting excited. 

"Hmph?" Greg replies with food stuffed in his mouth. Her mother gives him I'd be mad but your just so adorable look. 

"Tickets to the the WORLD CUP IN BRAZIL!!!!" He yells getting up and doing a little jig. Greg jumps out of his chair and they dos-i-do around the dinner table like two hyper children. 

Robin taking this as her cue to ignore her dear family, picks up her book and begins to read. The character in the book is a rather annoying teen. She constantly finds bad things about her self, while wishing she had a boyfriend. Picking up where she left off she reads, 

Today I looked in the mirror and realized my thighs touch when I stand. Chelseea says that's the ultimate test of whether your fat or not.

Robin puts the book down suprised by the fact your thighs aren't supposed to touch! Really? Standing up she nonchalantly says she's refilling her glass of water. 

Yup. They most definitely touch. 

Sitting back down she becomes fully absorbed in the book. This Chelsea person knows a lot about how not to act and how not to look. 

"Robin?"

"Robin?"

"Robin!" her mother snaps!

"What?huh? Yes?"' she replies realizing someone was trying to talk to her. 

"Your dad here got you a dress from Peru. What do you say?" 

" Step-dad and no thanks. You can return it if you'd like." She says without even realizing how rude it might sound.

Of course Robin's still bitter about the fact her mother divorced her dad and married a richer, more... wealthy man, but that isn't the game she's trying to play here. She just doesn't think she looks nice in dresses. Robin's step-dad is a pilot and being a pilot he flies around the world always getting a few gifts every now and then. She took the fans from China, and the cow boy boots from Texas, but a dress? No way would she ever wear that! 

"Urm...Okay." He says the wide smile on his face diminishing. Robin looks up from the book realizing she's done something wrong. Looking at Greg's face he sends her threating looks. The kid loves his dad almost more than himself. And if Greg's face must look like that, there's no telling what kind of looks her mother must be sending her. 

"Uh! I mean, thank you...dad! You can't return it if you'd like! I love dresses!" she fake smiles gingerly taking the dress from his hands.